124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Fixed.

Fixed.

Apple doesn’t care about the Android “market”. It’s predicated on stolen IP.

Exactly.  Apple has zero motivation to make the Apple TV Android friendly.  One doesn't need an iOS device to use it as is.  Why in the world would you make your biggest competitor's product work better with one of yours?  

• Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Exactly.  Apple has zero motivation to make the Apple TV Android friendly.  One doesn't need an iOS device to use it as is.  Why in the world would you make your biggest competitor's product work better with one of yours?  

Cross-platform is the way to go. Like in "open." MS is doing this now. Google clearly does it. Only letting Apple hardware work with Apple products might not be a good idea. It's an old Microsoft way of thinking.

Apple only went cross-platform with iTunes was due to the fact that they could sell more iPods. Now they can do what they like and don't seem worried if Android stuff doesn't work/mix with Apple stuff.

• Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

I gotta say, I'm with Anant on this one.  I keep waiting and waiting for Apple TV to be updated, because I fear being caught flatfooted with a sunsetted device (when the next iteration is finally released).

I can still stream from my phone with my trusty HDMI adapter; it's just fiddly to set up.  But it's also hard to blow money on what amounts to a neat parlor trick (AirPlay).

Having said that, I will never, ever invest in a Chromecast (shudder)...

I waited three years for the Apple TV to (finally) become something more than just a hobby and be something that would meet my wants/needs. 2014 was their final opportunity to produce a delighter. Nothing. I ordered a Roku 3 and after getting it connected, I can't imagine being any happier with a streaming device. No Google (spyware) device will ever occupy my home. So it was either the Roku or wait to see what Sony is coming up with that allows me to buy ONLY the stations I want a la carte (and throw DirecTV out of my yard).  And while I was concerned with being limited by the increasingly high wall in the Apple garden, I was willing to give the ATV a try... if they'd updated it. They didn't. I stopped worrying about it and now I've moved on.

• Reply 64 of 65

Chromecast really got something , and cheaper, but I just noticed that  on 3.9 , Apple anounced that Apple TV drop their price from $99 to $69, then this may be a good news to me .