New products, 'innovative services' lead Barclays to hike Apple price target by 17% to $140

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    I'm with Rogifan on this.

I've come across casual users, who are the kind more likely to buy the 16GB. They can't update to iOS 8 over the air due to lack of space, and they don't even realise it can be updated using iTunes.

32GB should be the minimum.

And if they were using nearly all their space with a 32GB model you're statement would then have to be that 64GB should be the minimum because A) they didn't have enough space to do an OTA update and B) they didn't know they could update via iTunes. That's just fucking stupid! If you need more space you should get more space, but for you people to say that because you need more space that everyone should have more space is elitist fuckery.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I had the issue where Other ended up taking up all my free space, but a back and restore did the trick. This was something else where the OTA update would fail without a specific error, it wouldn't show up on attains on her iMac (which is my 27" iMac that I sold her), all while having plenty of space. I did show up on my MBP but the update still didn't work despite showing free space so I backed up and restored, which worked. I was surprised that PDFs she had in iBooks were neither backed up to iiBooks in iCloud or were backed up locally when I did the backup. Is this another glitch or does it not bother with PDFs?

Can be backed up manually, or by turning on Sync Collections.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4227
  • Reply 43 of 51
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I'm with Rogifan on this.

I've come across casual users, who are the kind more likely to buy the 16GB. They can't update to iOS 8 over the air due to lack of space, and they don't even realise it can be updated using iTunes.

32GB should be the minimum.

And if they were using nearly all their space with a 32GB model you're statement would then have to be that 64GB should be the minimum because A) they didn't have enough space to do an OTA update and B) they didn't know they could update via iTunes. That's just fucking stupid! If you need more space you should get more space, but for you people to say that because you need more space that everyone should have more space is elitist fuckery.

Enough with the crass swearing.

The people I refer to have very little on their phones. But because iOS 8 takes a lot of space, there isn't room on their iPhones to update to it over the air. 32GB would eliminate this problem for many years to come, unless iOS had some huge jump in size, which isn't likely.
  • Reply 44 of 51

The people I refer to have very little on their phones. But because iOS 8 takes a lot of space, there isn't room on their iPhones to update to it over the air. 32GB would eliminate this problem for many years to come, unless iOS had some huge jump in size, which isn't likely.

1) **** no! Swearing is an important part of communication and the fact that it bothers you is proof of that.

2) Tell me how much room an iOS 8 ibstallation takes up?
  • Reply 45 of 51
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Agree with all of this. Like Gruber said:
    The entry-level iPhones 6 are 50 times faster than that original iPhone, but have only twice the storage capacity. That’s just wrong. This is the single-most disappointing aspect of the new phones.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Agree with all of this. Like Gruber said:

Then maybe he should wine to the NAND manufacturers to hop to it instead.

This is like complaining to Apple that the CPUs are too slow or they don’t release new ones “quickly” enough.

• Reply 47 of 51

This is like complaining to Apple that the CPUs are too slow or they don’t release new ones “quickly” enough.

Red or white? ;)
  • Reply 48 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Red or white? image

Rosé, in Tim Cook's case, so as not to offend either red or white.

• Reply 49 of 51

Rosé, in Tim Cook's case, so as not to offend either red or white.

Best of both worlds. Good choice. :)
  • Reply 50 of 51

IDK what's the authenticity in the above statement about Apple