Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch in Washington

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    pigybank wrote: »
    Well, as a Republican myself... I think Orin Hatch can go F _ _ _ himself.

At that age he's lucky to find himself. :lol:
  • Reply 22 of 32
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pigybank View Post

No, it is entirely relevant.  Older people use technology less.  Younger people use social security and medicare less.  I'm not necessarily against Orin Hatch being in office, but he clearly is out of touch with technology and doesn't understand the ramifications of net neutrality nor the alternative.  This is largely related to his age.  As someone who previously worked for Apple and both assisted and trained customers... there is a reason the majority of Apple's One 2 One training customers are 40+ in age.  In my training experience, the older the person was, the harder it was for them to grasp the technological concepts.  That is not age discrimination, its simple fact.  Not everyone who is older is out of touch with technology, but even putting aside stereotypes, Orin's own statements have shown that his age has indeed left him out of touch.   Lets not be so politically correct that when someone's age is obviously affecting their judgement in a particular area that we can't call them out for it.  We shouldn't have to beat around the bush so much just to say what we mean.  God forbid somebody gets "offended".  

I'm not necessarily in support of Hatch or the GOP, but the net neutrality issue is not really a 'technology' related subject like your characterization of older people learning to click, drag and swipe a screen. It is more of a political, business, consumer rights issue which Hatch has considerably more experience with than most young people who just want everything for free. I'm all for net neutrality but the debate is slightly more complicated than you make it out to be saying only' young' people actually understanding the issues. 

• Reply 23 of 32
    zoetmb wrote: »

I'm not a conservative and therefore I have no love for Orrin Hatch, but if you're going to criticize the guy, criticize him for his positions, his voting record or what he doesn't understand, not his age.   Bob Kahn is only five years younger than Hatch. 

His age is part of the problem, he's completely out of touch with modern America.

He's also been in the Senate way too long.

So young people are completely out of touch with ancient America.

Take your pick of bigotry.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    I'm not familiar with the terminology.

GOP=Good Old Person?
  • Reply 25 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You might as well criticize somebody for their skin color, because being against somebody simply because of their age is no different.

Based on your posting history (you know, viciously and constantly bashing blacks, mexicans, muslims, liberals, democrats, gays, etc), I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your mind-numbingly hypocritical comment. 

Oh wait, the guy is part of the GOP, so suddenly you pretend to be outraged at such a relatively benign comment. 

• Reply 26 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

So young people are completely out of touch with ancient America.

Take your pick of bigotry.

Another right wing troll, pretending to be outraged at a comment made about a GOP member, when you've let every single bigoted comment by people like Apple ][ slide with no problem. God knows how people like you sleep at night, just drowning in the filth of bigotry and hypocrisy. 

Orin Hatch is an out-of-touch asshole, and that has nothing to do with his age. The fact that he is on such a committee, going by his past views and policies, is laughable, and deserves mockery. 

• Reply 27 of 32
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Based on your posting history (you know, viciously and constantly bashing blacks, mexicans, muslims, liberals, democrats, gays, etc), I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your mind-numbingly hypocritical comment. 

Politically speaking, those groups which you just mentioned are all pretty horrible, and it has nothing to do with any skin color. A dumbass is still a dumbass, regardless of their skin color.

• Reply 28 of 32
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I'm not familiar with the terminology.

GOP=Good Old Person?

You got the Old part right, Grand Old Party.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    The GOP high tech task force? They think the combustion engine is the most advanced technology out there. If they had their way, you'd wind up your computer engine to turn it on and it would emit a sputter of black smoke (or as they call it, freedom farts!) every time you sent an email (an email being loud clicking and beeping codes one would have to decipher). The idea of these people in charge of any policy to do with technology gives me a headache.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    kent909 wrote: »
    I see a new reality game show here. Have contestants listen to politicians talk and then they have to guess which politician has received more bribe money from lobbyists than the others. Maybe this way we can educate Americans as to who and what their politicians are doing.

OpenSecrets.org searches on anyone's elected representatives will open eyes.
  • Reply 31 of 32

I LIKE THIS SITE http://supernsetips.com