Apple CEO Tim Cook to be namesake of Alabama anti-discrimination bill

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    And how do you remedy that considering it would be difficult to prove? I think it's something the government should stay out of. especially since there doesn't appear to be some widespread epidemic of people unable to get employment due to their sexual preference. I know the company I work at which is in the top 20 of the Fortune 500 goes out of its way to promote diversity. I would imagine that's the case at most companies these days without the need for government invention.

A suggestion for your next vacation. Dress up like a man and go hang out in some coffee shops in Alabama. You need to get out more, see the world through different eyes.

Edit: removed provocation.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

How do you determine that someone was discriminated against because of their sexual orientation? it's not like when you apply for a job you check a box saying you're gay. I don't know how anyone can prove they weren't hired for a job because they are gay.

Why are you so concerned? They take their grievance to a court of law or some other body & have to prove their case. Is there something wrong with that?

• Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Be careful about political issues in which you get your name attached... ObamaCare, anyone?

or Reaganomics.

• Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

Without seeing the language of the bill, I don't know if I support it or not, but I wouldn't associate the word "liberty" to this under any circumstances. Having the government force a person to hire someone who they otherwise would choose not to hire (perhaps for odious reasons), is not liberty. One could be in favor of this for other good reasons, but not for that one (without completely distorting the meaning of the word).

How is the government forcing anyone to hire anyone?

• Reply 45 of 48
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'd love it if Tim Cook would say no to this stuff because at the end of the day the focus should be on Apple not him and certainly not his sexual preference.

Sexual preference? It is disconcerting to see educated people being so ignorant. Or are you just being a contrarian of the hell of it? Because if it is you opinion that being gay is a sexual preference you just proved why TC stepping out like this is very important.

• Reply 46 of 48
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    paxman wrote: »

Sexual preference? It is disconcerting to see educated people being so ignorant. Or are you just being a contrarian of the hell of it? Because if it is you opinion that being gay is a sexual preference you just proved why TC stepping out like this is very important.

My sexual preference are hot girls over the uglies one.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    My sexual preference are hot girls over the uglies one.

What kind of girls do you come across that are ugly more than once? :lol:

Edit: speaking of ugly. Where's [@]Gatorguy[/@]?
  • Reply 48 of 48

Why not have a bill, or resolution, stating the dangers of Sodomy?

SODOMY: MEDICALLY DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR?

Why not have a public dialogue on the medical safety of Sodomy, gay and straight, and ask these two simple medical questions?

That is, Doesn't the medical community recommend that you, "Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom."?

Yet, now there are some in the medical community that now say it's OK to "Sleep with the waste that gets flushed down in the toilet?" and that it's possible to live a perfectly normal life.

Additionally, the same can be said that there are some in the medical community that now say it's OK to "Lick the toilet bowl" and that it's also possible to live a perfectly normal life.