Steve Jobs' videotaped testimony aired in iPod iTunes trial as lawyers try to add plaintiff

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,050member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

Soooo... No plaintiff exists.

Therefore, the lawyers must manufacture one?

Okayyy.

Didn't know that was legal.

Some dirty lawyers grubbing for money from a successful company. Nothing else to see here.

The lawyers may as well enter their firm as the plaintiff.

According to this , toward the end of the article ..........

http://www.sfgate.com/business/technology/article/Steve-Jobs-video-testimony-transfixes-courtroom-5938104.php

Plaintiff Mariana Rosen husband owns a law firm. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if she's also a lawyer or work in some capacity that deals with  lawyers.

• Reply 22 of 27
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I love that photo of Jobs.

Is there a statue of him at 1 Infinite Loop? If not, are there plans to erect one at the new campus? It would be a fitting tribute to one of the last major things he did at Apple.

Ok I'm sorry but that's just creepy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ok I'm sorry but that's just creepy.

I don't agree there should be a statue but I don't see statues as being creepy. Is there even a city in the world that doesn't have a statue of someone who is dead?

I don't know why, but the pose in the picture (in the article, not the one in PhilBoogie's post)

makes me think of The Lincoln Memorial...

A smaller, less thunderous version in some "quiet room" in the new Apple spaceship -

not in the entryway or courtyard - would be a nice, humble tribute.

So, I guess I'm in the "not necessarily creepy" column on the idea. 

I don't think any sincere tribute to the man's view of a possible future,

and his efforts, and ongoing successes, in making it so, are out of line.

...Maybe that's why it reminds me of The Lincoln Memorial.

• Reply 23 of 27
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Quote:

Is there even a city in the world that doesn't have a statue of someone who is dead?

Good point. Which made me remember this line: "There has never been a statue erected to honour an analyst."

...I bet there's one of Sigmund Freud, somewhere...?

• Reply 24 of 27
    philboogie wrote: »
    There's one in Hungary that I think is a bit creepy:

Good point. Which made me remember this line: "There has never been a statue erected to honour an analyst."

1) Agreed, that statue is creepy; and anything can be made creepy, but statues are t creepy in and of themselves.

2) lol at the analyst comment.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    solipsismy wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    There's one in Hungary that I think is a bit creepy:

1) Agreed, that statue is creepy; and anything can be made creepy, but statues are t creepy in and of themselves.

2) lol at the analyst comment.

Ditto.

I don't care for that statue. Maybe one based on the photo in the article.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    solipsismy wrote: »

That certainly is true. Live statues can be a bit creepy, for lack of a better word (copy/ paste from an iPad, so it has a m. Prefix in the URL):
    [VIDEO]

And for those who really have nothing else to do, view these 23 statues, just for laughs:

http://www.viralmenace.com/art/the-most-creative-statues-ive-ever-seen-23-photos/
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Steve Jobs is dead. Dragging him from the grave, by using a video with selective quotes and context,  in order to trash and tarnish the company, is such a filthy, classless, shit-faced tactic. 

Not beneath lawyers.