Apple's iTunes DRM didn't violate antitrust laws, jury finds

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    Itunes not anti trust, appeals court may overturn the collusion ruling. Things are looking Up for Apple. Now they should fortify their systems and offer to let Sony post The Interview for rental/sale
  • Reply 102 of 106
    "Can I ask a question? If I bought an iPod is it not up to me what music I put on it and from where? "

Yes,...if you have bought a system that has decided to make their system compatible with competitors...and open themselves to trust competitors to follow standards and formats.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Remember DVDs players they are designed not to be able to play DVDs bought in other parts of the world so no you do not have the right
    geekmee wrote: »
    "Can I ask a question? If I bought an iPod is it not up to me what music I put on it and from where? "

Yes,...if you have bought a system that has decided to make their system compatible with competitors...and open themselves to trust competitors to follow standards and formats.
  • Reply 104 of 106
    Good point Paul, hadn't thought of that... But I was trying to be subtlety sarcastic,... Evidently I failed ;-)
  • Reply 105 of 106
    The point I was trying to make... Apple has no obligation...WHATSOEVER.. to make their systems compatible with competitors.
  • Reply 106 of 106
    The other point commonly unexamined by the press is that monopolies have been found illegal over markets... Not products.