Survey shows demand for Apple's iPhone 6 still growing as supply stabilizes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

The 6/6+ target market are 55+ 

Teens 'buyers' will favor price over brand, especially if it's the one app (facebook/twitter/instagram/whatever) buying need.   

Teen use of iPhones will go up, only because of parental handme downs (not teen buyers, but teen 'users').

In most households; especially if it a teenager in the family; it the other way around; the teenager upgrades and the phone goes to one of the parents!  You got it completely backwards!

• Reply 22 of 26
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

It's obvious - they'll get a second one for the other hand!

Everyone knows that Iphone is a one handed phone... So, you need one for each hand : your logic is irrefutable ;-).

• Reply 23 of 26
    wings wrote: »
    I coulda sworn I saw an article posted on Google Finance that quoted some research done by some company I've never heard of, saying that buyer intent among teens was down. I can choose to conclude that this was either overwhelmed by the older buyers, or that this no-name research company did a survey whose results were paid for in advance.

One thing for certain is that since the 'pushed into the channel' so called sales figures the demand reports have been one side, that being media driven, not Apple driven.

So reality is in that small distortion field awaiting Godda.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    There's those pesky 4 inch models... still commanding 20% of the iPhone market.

Damnit!! Don't they know there is no market for 4 inch phones!!!

Apple hit Samsung in their weak spot. Not everyone wants to carry a small tablet
    Being older I read I should prefer the largest 6+ iPhone.

Now the news of a newer 4" iPhone gets me thinking again, but no I already decided on the iPhone6.
    Oh well my almost 4 yr old iPhone 4 still chugs on, but the original battery is showing weak signs !
    No problem, now that iOS 8 is reasonably stable and iPhone 6 supply has improved, it can be a quick upgrade.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Blah, blah, blah, blah... Apple is still doomed. What happens when everybody has an iPhone 6? See what I mean? It’s simple reasoning¡

Apple will last quite a while longer.

Slow buyers like me and many of my friends will eventually buy a new iPhone.
    The trouble Apple has is the several year old iPhones still work fine, thanks to Apple's iOS upgrades.
    The plus Apple has is lack of upgrades for older android phones is upsetting android users.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    The 6/6+ target market are 55+ 

Teens 'buyers' will favor price over brand, especially if it's the one app (facebook/twitter/instagram/whatever) buying need.   
    Teen use of iPhones will go up, only because of parental handme downs (not teen buyers, but teen 'users').

I think it goes both ways depending who has the power. Many teens get the "new" iPhone and then hand it down to one of their parents when they get a new one.