Apple to keep century-old historic barn on Campus 2 grounds

Comments

• Reply 61 of 83
    solipsismy wrote: »
    amoradala wrote: »
    If I was to paraphrase Apple [], for I believe he speaks for all Americans.

OMG NO! ;)

Oh yes! ????

He speaks not just for Americans, but for all good people around the world.
  • Reply 62 of 83
    Steve Jobs would not have preserved this structure. He was rarely sentimental about history.

It's hard for us to know for sure.

Let it go.
  • Reply 63 of 83
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member

Sometimes sentimental value outweighs age as the motive for preservation, especially as regards this barn. Legend has it that Steve Jobs' first child was conceived in the hayloft. :D

• Reply 64 of 83
    Sadly, they did not save the Rubbermaid vertical outdoor shed which was almost 15 years old.
  • Reply 65 of 83
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    phernet wrote: »
    100 years? Ha ha ha ha ha.
    But whole USA is just slightly older so I understand Americans look after what ever they find which is older then grandpa´.
    USA, the history-less country. LOL

You'd probably be speaking German if it weren't for the US. How's that for history?
  • Reply 66 of 83
    Sadly, they did not save the Rubbermaid vertical outdoor shed which was almost 15 years old.

Resin comes from trees, so it too was made using wood. :lol:
  • Reply 67 of 83

FYI: Russia won WW II, no one else!

What you did was: your banks helped finance German rearmament before the war, your IBM provide the tools that made genocide possible and so on and so on.

To be a country without any history it is impressive you at the same time have the planet´s longest CV what it comes to evil.

• Reply 68 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You'd probably be speaking German if it weren't for the US. How's that for history?

What you did was: your banks helped finance German rearmament before the war, your IBM provide the tools that made genocide possible and so on and so on.

To be a country without any history it is impressive you at the same time have the planet´s longest CV what it comes to evil.

• Reply 69 of 83
    It's hard for us to know for sure.

Let it go.

It's not hard to guess based on his historical positions. I'll "let it go" when I decide, mate.
  • Reply 70 of 83
    dasanman69 wrote: »

If Ben Franklin had his way, German would've been our 'national language'.
  • Reply 71 of 83
    If Ben Franklin had his way, German would've been our 'national language'.

And if the British had their way we'd be speaking English...oh wait :lol:
  • Reply 72 of 83
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phernet View Post

Don't talk to me about evil!  I've seen Mel Gibson's documentary "Braveheart"...

• Reply 73 of 83
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    solipsismy wrote: »

Nice of you two but from an anthropologist's viewpoint European architecture is not long time ago.

Nice of me but from a geologist's viewpoint early man's cave art is not long time ago.

There has to be a quote from Hitchiker's that would be good here but it escapes me for the present ... :D
  • Reply 74 of 83
    andysol wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about evil!  I've seen Mel Gibson's documentary "Braveheart"...

I trust you are meaning the evil of 'totally rewriting history' there and not assuming that movie was remotely based on any facts?
  • Reply 75 of 83
    dasanman69 wrote: »

Well I had to say this ;) It's always possible ... ... if it were not for the Brits there would not have been a US as you know it to start with ... you'd have been speaking Spanish or French most likely. I seriously doubt Britain could have seen any help from this side of the Atlantic had that been the case. How's that for an alternative history too?
  • Reply 76 of 83
    I think everyone here is getting too caught up with the age thing. Apple have to keep the barn as the horse has already bolted!
  • Reply 77 of 83
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I seriously doubt Britain could have seen any help from this side of the Atlantic had that been the case. How's that for an alternative history too?

Without a US, there’s no WWI or WWII in the first place.

• Reply 78 of 83
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phernet View Post

It was Russian manpower combined with American industry and British intelligence. The Russians had more men than the Germans could handle, the Americans had more factories, and the British (due to their empire) had listening posts all over the world.

• Reply 79 of 83
    Well I had to say this ;) It's always possible ... ... if it were not for the Brits there would not have been a US as you know it to start with ... you'd have been speaking Spanish or French most likely. I seriously doubt Britain could have seen any help from this side of the Atlantic had that been the case. How's that for an alternative history too?

It was British citizens fleeing tyrannical rule, who then fought when the British government tried to establish itself in the 'new world'. If I remember correctly it was people of many countries that helped fend off the Spanish, and French.
  • Reply 80 of 83
    Without a US, there’s no WWI or WWII in the first place.

Ha ha ha ha brilliant. Did you cause them then?