Minimum iOS App Store price rises to $1.19 in Canada, 0.79 pounds in the UK, and 0.99 euros in the E

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    asdasd wrote: »
    You are basically justifying theft.

Apps are cheap. Pay up.

It's not theft. Nothing goes missing. All the original files are still on the server for someone else to buy.
  • Reply 22 of 68
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

This is nothing but an opportunistic price gouge. 

Learn what economies are.

No worries, back to torrents for me then. 

Please create something so that I can steal it from you.

• Reply 23 of 68
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    bsenka wrote: »
    It's not theft. Nothing goes missing. All the original files are still on the server for someone else to buy.

That's not either the law or any kind of morality. If you steal a book the content of the book still exists somewhere. But the book remains stolen.

Of course some of the value of the book is its paper but not much. most of the value is in the content.
  • Reply 24 of 68
    Learn what economies are.

Please create something so that I can steal it from you.

Think these guys create?
  • Reply 25 of 68
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

You valued it enough to steal it. If it had no value to you, you'd not bother.
  • Reply 26 of 68
    You valued it enough to steal it. If it had no value to you, you'd not bother.

I didn't steal anything.
  • Reply 27 of 68
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    saarek wrote: »
    Absolutely unjustifiable price increase in the UK, the VAT Rate in Luxembourg now stands at 17%, UK rate is 20%. The difference between the old Luxembourg VAT rate and the UK was just 3p yet apple increase the price by 10p.

Apple rips off the Brits once again! Shameless

As I am sure you are well aware, I can buy a bottle of Glenfiddich here in America for a fraction of the price you can buy the same bottle in Scotland. Stop and think about that for a while, then go back and check out Apple's price differentials. I filled up my Jeep today for the equivalent of £1.25 a gallon (that would be an imperial gallon) today as well. Prices do not correlate the world around, life isn't that simple. Excuse me while I pour another single malt and recall why I moved to the States.
  • Reply 28 of 68
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    saarek wrote: »
    Absolutely unjustifiable price increase in the UK, the VAT Rate in Luxembourg now stands at 17%, UK rate is 20%. The difference between the old Luxembourg VAT rate and the UK was just 3p yet apple increase the price by 10p.

Apple rips off the Brits once again! Shameless

What, like the Tea Tax you charged us? Just kidding - what you are not accounting for is changes in the exchange rates. It's not just VAT.
  • Reply 29 of 68
    I didn't steal anything.

Yes you did. You stole someone's digital property.
  • Reply 30 of 68
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Happy to pay more if it means that the tax goes to the right place.

• Reply 31 of 68
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    richl wrote: »
    Happy to pay more if it means that the tax goes to the right place.

If only!
  • Reply 32 of 68
    Yes you did. You stole someone's digital property.

They still have it, it wasn't stolen.
  • Reply 33 of 68

You can't really believe this crap can you? If you steal a physical Stephen king book can you compensate for the cost of the pages but not for the content because Stephen king still has it? Pay the retailer and the paper back and paper maker but not King because "he still has it"

The value difference between 400 empty pages and a Stephen king novel is the value added by Stephen Kings writing. You have no right to his work unless you pay him. You also have no right to any digital content unless you pay for it.
  • Reply 34 of 68
    If only!

In this case it's going to the UK (place of consumption) not Luxembourg
  • Reply 35 of 68
    The value difference between 400 empty pages and a Stephen king novel is the value added by Stephen Kings writing. You have no right to his work unless you pay him. You also have no right to any digital content unless you pay for it.

I do not disagree with any of that. Not what I'm talking about.
  • Reply 36 of 68

“It’s okay. I can kidnap this child. They can just make another one, after all. It’s self-replicating genetic material.”

I do not disagree with any of that. Not what I'm talking about.

It’s exactly what you’re talking about.

• Reply 37 of 68
    I didn't steal anything.

You stole the value of a transaction.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    “It’s okay. I can kidnap this child. They can just make another one, after all. It’s self-replicating genetic material.”

See that example is exactly why you (and other posters in this thread) are completely wrong about what is or is not theft. If I kidnap someone, the only example that exists of that child is now gone. Another kid, is a different kid. Making an unauthorized copy does not take the original away, it leaves it intact where and how it was.
    It’s exactly what you’re talking about.

No it isn't, not at all. I am not in anyway saying that an offence has not occurred when someone makes an unauthorized copy of something.
  • Reply 39 of 68

Making an unauthorized copy does not take the original away, it leaves it intact where and how it was.

And yet, somehow, it’s perfectly relevant, as you’re a worthless, pathetic thief failing to justify his delusions.

Would a chair make you feel better? How about a chair? There are always more trees. A chair has no feelings or uniqueness. Steal a chair. Just grow a new tree and make another one. It’s the same thing. You’re pretending that we’re in a post-scarcity society where you can freely steal whatever you want. We’re not. We never will be. There’s definitionally no such thing as post-scarcity.

Even in a glorious communist dystopia (which is a synonym of utopia) you’d be taking more than your government-sanctioned “share”, and so would be in violation of the “common sense” of that society.

Again, one would hope that you create something at some point in your life just so that we can have the pleasure of stealing it from you, too.

• Reply 40 of 68
    And yet, somehow, it’s perfectly relevant, as you’re a worthless, pathetic thief failing to justify his delusions.

Would a chair make you feel better? How about a chair? There are always more trees. A chair has no feelings or uniqueness. Steal a chair. Just grow a new tree and make another one. It’s the same thing. You’re pretending that we’re in a post-scarcity society where you can freely steal whatever you want. We’re not. We never will be. There’s definitionally no such thing as post-scarcity.

You are still describing a completely different thing. If I take the chair, the actual chair is gone. That's theft. I'm talking about leaving the chair where it is, and making a copy of it.
    Even in a glorious communist dystopia (which is a synonym of utopia) you’d be taking more than your government-sanctioned “share”, and so would be in violation of the “common sense” of that society.

Who said anything about communism? This has nothing to do with politics or anyone's equal share. I'm talking about the meaning of a word. Now we can add synonym to the list of words you don't understand.
    Again, one would hope that you create something at some point in your life just so that we can have the pleasure of stealing it from you, too.

I've created plenty. It's what I do for a living. Much of it is readily found on torrent servers, by all means help yourself.