Ex-Apple iPod chief Tony Fadell to oversee Google's Glass project after reorg

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

That's from the '60s.

That's the six million dollar man with glasses.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    Seems like in the featured photo it would make more sense to hide the camera lens behind the glasses' lens. It would be invisible to everyone except the wearer. 1) it's more fashionable. 2) it eliminates the public perception problems. Pretty sure that's what Apple would do if they were to release a similar product... which I don't expect they would.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    6ryph3n wrote: »
    Seems like in the featured photo it would make more sense to hide the camera lens behind the glasses' lens. It would be invisible to everyone except the wearer. 1) it's more fashionable. 2) it eliminates the public perception problems.

FFS, it's not a "public perception" problem, the problem is that most people really don't want others around them to have an internet-connected (video) camera in their face the entire time they're hanging out. Hiding the camera would be a complete douchebag move. Oh wait, you're talking about google.

Glass without a camera would be another direction they could go. Access to the internet without even taking a device out of your pocket. Heck, I'd even have potential interest in something like that, as long as it wasn't wedded to "services". I don't see google going that direction, but who knows where Fadell will go with this.