Class representative in Apple 'anti-poaching' suit wants bigger cut of $415M payout

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    solipsism: "This guy is a representative, not a plaintiff."

He is a plaintiff. The 'representative' of the class in this case is simply the main plaintiff.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    macgizmo wrote: »
    solipsism: "This guy is a representative, not a plaintiff."

He is a plaintiff. The 'representative' of the class in this case is simply the main plaintiff.

Ah, so I had it right before my edit. Thanks.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DewMe View Post

I think the guy should get more than the other 59,999 "victims" since he was the only one from the huge herd who took the initiative to stand up and challenge the original settlement. Curious about how he came up with the $160,000 number however.

I have absolutely no doubt that the practice in question is happening throughout all industries who are competing for talent from a common pool. These companies were simply too brazen and left too many tracks that uncovered their "gentleman's agreements" that more typically get established verbally at friendly golf outings and executive seminars. If the practice truly suppressed wages the compound effect over the career of those affected makes the $5000 per victim seem like a very small compensation.

... and then there's the lawyers walking away with $81 million bucks. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Everyone must pay their fare. :/

And Lawyers must BE paid their fair share...yeah, right