Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Content is KING and Apple really blew this one. Instead of blowing all that cash on Beats Apple should have developed its own content. Looks like Jeff Bezos is now a major Hollywood player. Who knew?

Kudos to Amazon and  Bezos for making history by winning a Golden Globe for Best TV Series with an iSeries!  Amazing.

huh? apple is STILL the biggest, most profitable, most successful tech company in human history. how did they blow anything but not getting into...making TV shows? 

making TV shows isnt apple's charter. guess youve forgotten already -- A Thousand No's to Every Yes.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2014/02/24/thousand-nos-yes

• Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:

Looks like Jeff Bezos has already figured out that content is everything. Only by offering something of quality and exclusively will one draw people to your service.

so....did amazon all of a sudden turn profitable? now that theyre making TV shows? should they continue running their little-to-no-profit retail business?

content is king...if youre in the content business.

• Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Whatever it take to get you locked into the ecosystem. Stolen right from Apples playbook.

Meanwhile Apple iTunes has nothing. Zilch. Prime and Netflix streaming 4K are so far ahead at this point.

huh? when youre in the content business, you dont lock anybody to a single ecosystem, you spray it wherever you can. check your facts -- Netflix licensed its House of Cards series to a cable network, to iTunes, and to DVDs. Transparent will do the same. so how *exactly* is anybody "locked into" an ecosystem?? 

that word...i do not think it means what you think it means.

• Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

Prime and Netflix streaming 4K are so far ahead at this point.

ahead of what? im a prime customer and i enjoyed Transparent, but the rest of their stuff is mostly crap. and i stream it to my ATV anyway. 4k is useless to me -- dont really care about it because my 1080p set does me just fine. nobody i know is in any hurry to buy a new 4k set, either.

meanwhile, apple is still printing money and makes more than those competitors combined. oops.

• Reply 25 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    so....did amazon all of a sudden turn profitable? now that theyre making TV shows? should they continue running their little-to-no-profit retail business?

I agree. I worry Amazon will end up destroying itself through Bezos mania to be king of all things. I love Amazon on line shopping and I wish he'd focus on what Amazon does well and stick to it and make it profitable. Life without Amazon Prime shopping is a scary thought. Life with out everything else Amazon does I don't think would be noticed if it all vanished.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

huh? when youre in the content business, you dont lock anybody to a single ecosystem, you spray it wherever you can. check your facts -- Netflix licensed its House of Cards series to a cable network, to iTunes, and to DVDs. Transparent will do the same. so how *exactly* is anybody "locked into" an ecosystem?? 

that word...i do not think it means what you think it means.

You obviously don't understand hpw Prime works.

• Reply 27 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I agree. I worry Amazon will end up destroying itself through Bezos mania to be king of all things. I love Amazon on line shopping and I wish he'd focus on what Amazon does well and stick to it and make it profitable. Life without Amazon Prime shopping is a scary thought. Life with out everything else Amazon does I don't think would be noticed if it all vanished.

LOL Amazon is doomed!!!!!