AppleInsider podcast discusses OS X Photos, Apple Watch news & net neutrality

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Apple Map in China looks empty if viewed outside of China. Very complete and useful once you're inside. It's AutoNavi's data.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenrobles View Post

Thanks. Also, I forgot to mention on the show but the one feature I do hope they bring back is star ratings. That was present in iPhoto, Aperture and was something I found useful in my workflows (iTunes too). 

So glad Star Ratings are gone in favor of the much simpler and more sensible Favorite option. Its much more natural and intuitive for a photo collection. As I browse my collection, I'm going to come across a photo I love, one that stand out to me. I'm gonna tap that heart icon, and that photo will appear in a lot of sensible locations automatically, like in Favorites smart album that is synced across all my devices including the future AppleWatch.

Conversely, I was never ever ever in million years going to rate every single photo in my library on scale from 1 - 5. That is ridiculous.

• Reply 23 of 24
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

We all need to excuse PMZ as he has no idea what Aperture does. If he did he would not be making a complete fool of himself by posting his rant.

Lol, you people! I'm well aware of what Aperture does, and how poor it is at doing it! I've used it, hated it, and moved on. I loved iPhoto, but always wished that it were the equivalent of this Photos app, which is like a dream come true.

For professional edits, I'll stick with Adobe products. For amateur and semi-pro edits, Photos does the trick.

• Reply 24 of 24
    I enjoyed this second podcast very much; thank you, Stephen, Victor and Daniel.

I like the slightly shorter length. It's always good to leave your audience wanting more.

It was interesting to hear Daniel's experience of Apple Maps caching. I have, too, been impressed by how it retains data, and it's good to know if I need it for a long journey.