Logitech Keys to Go Review: The ultimate portable bluetooth keyboard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    jace88jace88 Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppeX View Post

Just get a real computer: MacBook Air. No jail, true USB ports, decent fully accesible file system, no need to send you files by eMail to get them on other Mac, no application sandboxing, open and work with any file from any source, full compatibility with the world (Windows, Linux, etc), run also other operating systems via Boot Camp or VMware Fusion, much powerful, and much, much much more...

Unfortunately not an option for many of us. The iPad and BYOD was the closest I've ever been to having a device I actually enjoy for work purposes- and I had to subscribe to numerous group policies in order to be able to do this. BYOD and laptops are still years away (at least in my company) although I did notice our CIO running the same image as us on a Surface Pro 3 so here's hoping!

• Reply 22 of 28
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    Personally, I am waiting for this [URL=https://waytools.com/products/textblade/1/trailer]https://waytools.com/products/textblade/1/trailer[/URL]

I am early in the queue, so I am hoping to see it this month. Live demos at their offices in Santa Monica in a week and a half.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    After using it for a few months, if I notice that kind of degrade in quality we'll update the post.

I still have a Logitech Trackball from the 90's stuffed away in a drawer some where but I usually change out my mouse and keyboard every 2 years. Not that their in such dire need of replacememnt mind you, just that I have a small attraction for such things. Especially mobile keyboards, just love'em. Right now I think the Wedge line from Microsoft is the best, both the keyboard and mouse are superb to use. Desktop use, nothing still beats the Happy Hacker Keyboard Professional 2.
    pfu-pd-kb400b-happy-hacking-keyboard-professional2-us.jpgwmkwafercoverslatesidev1-1343229917.jpg
  • Reply 24 of 28
    After waiting and waiting for the Jorno on Kickstarter, someone in the comments mentioned TextBlade, which looks way more promising than Jorno and this. I confirmed with their sales dept that it does support modifiers like CTRL, for those that use an iPad for SSH to vim/tmux.

https://waytools.com
  • Reply 25 of 28
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppeX View Post

Just get a real computer: MacBook Air. No jail, true USB ports, decent fully accesible file system, no need to send you files by eMail to get them on other Mac, no application sandboxing, open and work with any file from any source, full compatibility with the world (Windows, Linux, etc), run also other operating systems via Boot Camp or VMware Fusion, much powerful, and much, much much more...

I've read the objections to points in your post, and granting that some are valid for some will note.... 

...iPad sales have stalled - and not because Android tablets have increased.

Hmmmmm.

• Reply 26 of 28
    jace88jace88 Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

What on earth are you talking about? What rubbish. On the Mac sandbox is limited to MAS purchases, and there is nothing indicating that will change. Nothing. You're free to install whatever you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

I've read the objections to points in your post, and granting that some are valid for some will note.... 

...iPad sales have stalled - and not because Android tablets have increased.

Hmmmmm.

My understanding was that iPad sales haven't stalled but rather, the growth has.

• Reply 27 of 28
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    This KB size and design looks very similar to the Logitech iPad2 case with KB I purchased a few years ago on 50% off clearout sale.
    Ours works great, with amazing battery time.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    jameskatt2jameskatt2 Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenrobles View Post

Looks interesting. I see a Windows start menu key, does it have iOS specific keys as well? Have you personally used it? May try and get one to compare.

The  Perixx PERIBOARD-805L W. http://perixx.com/en/products/perixx-pro-4.html is the white version of the keyboard.  It has iOS specific keys.  I have one and I love it.  It is a little larger than the iPhone 6 Plus.  It fits in the front pocket of dress pants or Khakis.