Apple touts iPhone 6 as world's most popular camera in showcase of extraordinary user photos

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    Yep, thanks!!

I enjoy photography a lot. It's a great way to practice creativity, even if one has the drawing skills of a grade-schooler ;)

1) LOL I can understand about having poor drawing skills.

2) [@]sapporobabyrtrns[/@] takes amazing pictures. Perhaps he'll share some. I've been using on of his of the Milky Way as my iPhone lockscreen for a long time.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

1) LOL I can understand about having poor drawing skills.

2) @sapporobabyrtrns takes amazing pictures. Perhaps he'll share some. I've been using on of his of the Milky Way as my iPhone lockscreen for a long time.

That'd be great, the more the merrier! I was kind of hoping there would be more people posting pictures to the forum.

• Reply 23 of 33
    That'd be great, the more the merrier! I was kind of hoping there would be more people posting pictures to the forum.

They aren't from an iPhone, though. He has some super complex camera that I could never figure out in 100 years if I tried. I guess I just don't have enough interest in photography outside the science of how the internal components of a camera work and the final result. The actual taking of pictures simply doesn't interest me at all… and I wish it did. Seems like it's a fun hobby for those that are into it.
  • Reply 24 of 33

Hey dude. Here are a few shots that I took that COULD NOT be captured with an iPhone. I use a Nikon D810 with various professional lenses. The aurora shot for example cost more or less $7000 or so. 

• Reply 25 of 33

More shots that could not come from an iPhone. Don't get me wrong. The iPhone 6+ is a great phone and has a very capable camera but people who think they will take professional photos are victims of marketing and easy prey for Jedi mind tricks. You want to shoot like a pro, you have to pay for it.

• Reply 26 of 33
    More shots that could not come from an iPhone. Don't get me wrong. The iPhone 6+ is a great phone and has a very capable camera but people who think they will take professional photos are victims of marketing and easy prey for Jedi mind tricks. You want to shoot like a pro, you have to pay for it.

Great shots, but do you also have photos taken from your iPhone because you saw an opportunity and didn't have your Nikon with you?
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:

Great shots, but do you also have photos taken from your iPhone because you saw an opportunity and didn't have your Nikon with you?

I'll need to check. :)

• Reply 28 of 33

Here are a few that I have taken with my iPhone 6+

• Reply 29 of 33
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I was kind of hoping there would be more people posting pictures to the forum.

After seeing photos from you two I'm afraid to post myself. Ok, just one tulip from The Netherlands then. Not from an iPhone though (D7000)

• Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:

They aren't from an iPhone, though. He has some super complex camera that I could never figure out in 100 years if I tried. I guess I just don't have enough interest in photography outside the science of how the internal components of a camera work and the final result. The actual taking of pictures simply doesn't interest me at all… and I wish it did. Seems like it's a fun hobby for those that are into it.

Yeah, same here. But it's fun to play around with some (very) casual lenses for the iPhone. I looked at a few and liked Photojojo the best for the money (only $50 for three lenses). The ring attachment is slightly clumsy with the camera bulge, but I like being able to snap the lenses on and off magnetically.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

After seeing photos from you two I'm afraid to post myself. Ok, just one tulip from The Netherlands then. Not from an iPhone though (D7000)

Very blissful. I'm reminded of my smallness in the universe; yet, any existential angst I feel at being reminded of my relative meaninglessness is immediately dissolved in the graceful patterns of the clouds, as the tulip confidently guides my gaze upward.

I think that's the coffee talking again.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

This is an excellent shot. I like it quite a bit. Great angle and prospective.

• Reply 32 of 33
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Very blissful. I'm reminded of my smallness in the universe; yet, any existential angst I feel at being reminded of my relative meaninglessness is immediately dissolved in the graceful patterns of the clouds, as the tulip confidently guides my gaze upward.

Thanks! Hey, that could work as a caption.

This is an excellent shot. I like it quite a bit. Great angle and prospective.

Too kind. Maybe later today I'll feel more comfortable and post another one.