Google reportedly looking to bring Android Wear support to iOS

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    ...tongue in cheek comment of course. ;)

Well, even if self appointed, you clearly work hard enough at it for it to be a 'job'. That is said seriously. I often try to imagine me spending the time you do on a pro Android blog painstakingly posting polite and researched posts all day. Frankly, I just can't imagine it.

I come to AI to both learn and share and obviously some humor and camaraderie amongst like minded folks. Not to mention I am semi-retired hence have the time.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Well, even if self appointed, you clearly work hard enough at it for it to be a 'job'. That is said seriously. I often try to imagine me spending the time you do on a pro Android blog painstakingly posting polite and researched posts all day. Frankly, I just can't imagine it.

I come to AI to both learn and share and obviously some humor and camaraderie amongst like minded folks. Not to mention I am semi-retired hence have the time.
    Well gosh look at all the opportunities I give you to discover new things, or challenge things you thought you knew to be true. You should thank me. Being old and retired doesn't mean you have to stop learning, right? :D

I'm right behind you, probably old enough to retire but too stubborn to do it.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Well gosh look at all the opportunities I give you to discover new things, or challenge things you thought you knew to be true. You should thank me. Being old and retired doesn't mean you have to stop learning, right? :D

I'm right behind you, probably old enough to retire but too stubborn to do it.

You flatter yourself. I find your posts annoying, predictable and border line trolling. In fact the solution is simple, my bad for not simply excluding yours and remove the temptation to rise to the bait.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    my bad for not simply excluding yours and remove the temptation to rise to the bait.
    If you're sincerely so bothered and take comments to heart as tho you yourself are under attack that's the best solution for you then. I had no idea until now.

EDIT:
    By the way, if you wanna play around with some different Apple Watch combinations have a look here:
    http://mixyourwatch.com/

EDIT 2: No gold band option?
  • Reply 45 of 53
    nico81nico81 Posts: 1member

Glad you like it!

I'm going to add the missing bands (rose/gold etc) asap ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

If you're sincerely so bothered and take comments to heart as tho you yourself are under attack that's the best solution for you then. I had no idea until now.

EDIT:

By the way, if you wanna play around with some different Apple Watch combinations have a look here:

http://mixyourwatch.com/

EDIT 2: No gold band option?

• Reply 46 of 53

Because several Android Wear watches are awesome! And georgeous!  I don't want to be limited to just the handful of watches that apple will offer.

• Reply 47 of 53

" I would also love it if Apple would have 2 types of watch format next time, a square and a round watch.  "

I agree, and they eventually will.   Round watches  like the Huawei are more attractive than square watches like the ones from samsung and apple.

• Reply 48 of 53
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post

" I would also love it if Apple would have 2 types of watch format next time, a square and a round watch.  "

I agree, and they eventually will.   Round watches  like the Huawei are more attractive than square watches like the ones from samsung and apple.

By the time Apple has 100K apps made for the square Apple Watch screen (next year) it will be very very unlikely.

But, hey, I guess then won'T sell because YOU think think look sooo bad.....

• Reply 49 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

By the time Apple has 100K apps made for the square Apple Watch screen (next year) it will be very very unlikely.

But, hey, I guess then won'T sell because YOU think think look sooo bad.....

Who said anything about sales predictions?  Of course the apple watch will sell, despite its unfortunate square profile.  Its the only watch which will integrate properly with iOS.  Plus, there will be an apple symbol on it.

My money is definitely on apple making a round faced watch eventually, not because  they need to bolsters sales (lol) but because its just that much more attractive.  Apple wants their products to be attractive.

• Reply 50 of 53
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

having a round display on a smartphone is as stupid as having a round dialing pad on a smart phone (imitating a rotary phone)

Having a round face on a smartwatch serves no purpose except it reminds us of the past.

Having a round face on any watch doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose either, since even a rotary watch can have a rectangular face

But people seem to like the round design.  So it's not stupid.  Nor is reminding us of the past all that stupid, people like to be reminded of the past.

• Reply 51 of 53
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post

Who said anything about sales predictions?  Of course the apple watch will sell, despite its unfortunate square profile.  Its the only watch which will integrate properly with iOS.  Plus, there will be an apple symbol on it.

My money is definitely on apple making a round faced watch eventually, not because  they need to bolsters sales (lol) but because its just that much more attractive.  Apple wants their products to be attractive.

People said the same thing about the iPhone. That eventually it would have a physical keyboard like blackberry.

Stop living in the 1980's. A round screen is just not practical and frankly unuseable for a smart watch.

Wrong, no signficant group of people said that keyboards were specifically more attractive than fullscreen multitouch.   They said keyboards were more practical.

You've got your argument backwards.  It was the touch-only UI which people thought was 'not practical' and ultimately 'unusable'.  Like you, they favored utility over appearance, and they presumed limitations which proved unfounded.  Unusable?   You seem to be following in the footsteps of the anti-keyboard people.   Consider  (a) the  increasing importance of two-way audio communication with our devices and  (b) the fact that smartwatch user will have their large screen phones with them all the time.

• Reply 52 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:

having a round display on a smartphone is as stupid as having a round dialing pad on a smart phone (imitating a rotary phone)

Having a round face on a smartwatch serves no purpose except it reminds us of the past.

Having a round face on any watch doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose either, since even a rotary watch can have a rectangular face

But people seem to like the round design.  So it's not stupid.  Nor is reminding us of the past all that stupid, people like to be reminded of the past.

Those are good points. We will see what actually happens.  I know a lot of other iOS users who are unhappy that apple won't be making a round faced watch in the near term.  I think this looks bad for apple, as other companies are doing what apple did not.  They want a watch that looks like the Hauwei watch, or like a better version of the 360, but they want it to be made by apple.