Mobile execs predict Apple Watch to dominate smartwatch market for foreseeable future

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I think you've got your shapes mixed up. 

The rectangular Apple Watch says geeky calculator watch/gadget boy; the round watch says traditional elegant.

Note that whenever Apple portrays a skeuomorphic analogue watch face, it chooses a round one. I rest my case.

I rest my case..

• Reply 22 of 68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:

The rectangular Apple Watch says geeky calculator watch/gadget boy; the round watch says traditional elegant.

Note that whenever Apple portrays a skeuomorphic analogue watch face, it chooses a round one. I rest my case.

It's cute how you end most of your brain-dead posts with "I rest my case.", as if you've just made some incredible argument, when in reality, your post was a pathetic waste of bandwidth and not based in any kind of useful thought. Yeah, Apple should make a screen shape which does a piss poor job of displaying information in a versatile manner, so they can blindly follow the skeumorphic nature of mechanical watch hands developed centuries ago, which the Apple Watch does not include. Brilliant.  You've made no case, so you don't need to rest it. Stop insulting the intelligence of everyone on this board. 

Try reading posts before spouting off your usual nonsense; you might learn something.

• Reply 23 of 68
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Yet that's what Apple always portrays in its analogue Apple Watch faces: round ones. 

Not always.

circa 1985:

• Reply 24 of 68
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Calculator?

Calculator?

Umm Calculator??

30 seconds of google magic... stupidity disproved.. I rest my case.

• Reply 25 of 68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingela View Post

comoditization is right, they look like all the other discount Timex watches in the jewelry section at the mini mall. Rolex they are not.

I don't disagree

• Reply 26 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Quote:

Yet that's what Apple always portrays in its analogue Apple Watch faces: round ones. 

Not always.

circa 1985:

Looks round to me.

Perhaps if you could see the individual pixels, you might notice straight edges.

• Reply 27 of 68
    Quote:

Mobile execs predict Apple Watch to dominate smartwatch market for foreseeable future

Well, DUH. 

• Reply 28 of 68
    Quote:

Looks round to me.

And I see this: square watch with rounded edges, an Apple design hallmark since their very first product.

• Reply 29 of 68
    Quote:

Quote:

Looks round to me.

And I see this: square watch with rounded edges, an Apple design hallmark since their very first product.

It’s a shame the Apple Watch is so black; it’s obviously to save battery life. In that respect, I prefer the watch on the right. Perhaps if they'd used ePaper, they could have had lovely clean white with a week-long battery life to boot.

That black sure does make it an eyesore, though.

• Reply 30 of 68

I guess we're just lucky they didn't do this ...

• Reply 31 of 68
    ingelaingela Posts: 217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Which is why it is 12.68 mm thick (exactly 1/2")

You have to put the battery someplace.

I was put off by the chunkiness at first,, but now I find it charming. The design is so clean that the little bulge gives it a certain warmth. I think it's a great design and certainly iconic.

Certainly does not suffer from looking like everyone else,..yet, but we'll see next year when everyone ditches the round design and the knock-offs appear.

• Reply 32 of 68
    Quote:

I guess we're just lucky they didn't do this ...

If they made it out of pink plastic and called it, "My First Apple," it could be one for the girls.

• Reply 33 of 68
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Which is why it is 12.68 mm thick (exactly 1/2")

You have to put the battery someplace.

I was put off by the chunkiness at first,, but now I find it charming. The design is so clean that the little bulge gives it a certain warmth. I think it's a great design and certainly iconic.

Certainly does not suffer from looking like everyone else,..yet, but we'll see next year when everyone ditches the round design and the knock-offs appear.

You haven't seen the latest Pebble, then; they do a gold face with a red strap that I mistook for an Apple Watch a couple of days ago.

• Reply 34 of 68
    Quote:

Sort of like this? Definitely iconic. Shrink it down and throw a strap on that and it's 1G ?Watch.

• Reply 35 of 68
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

I refer you to you quote in 2014 see below, not long to go till you are revealed as the laughing stock you ARE

• Reply 36 of 68
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

It’s a shame the Apple Watch is so black; it’s obviously to save battery life. In that respect, I prefer the watch on the right. Perhaps if they'd used ePaper, they could have had lovely clean white with a week-long battery life to boot.

That black sure does make it an eyesore, though

Square is the new Round - Frosty !!!

• Reply 37 of 68
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    Quote:

So then this Rolex Cellini Prince is a "geeky calculator watch/gadget boy" That doesn't say elegant¡ Only "the round watch says traditional elegant"¡ There are dozens and dozens of very elegant rectangular watches that cost thousands. lol 

Or how about this square faced cellini prince

But all elegant watches have to be round¡

• Reply 38 of 68
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

My fcking Cartier is elegant. What do you think?

• Reply 39 of 68
    fallenjt wrote: »

My fcking Cartier is elegant. What do you think?

The Cartier is a nice watch. There's always the exception to the rule.