Oracle bundles Ask.com adware with latest Java for Mac installer

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

No, but a good tax preparer will get you back much more than the cost of their service, plus you can be doing what you do to make money instead of toiling over tax returns.

Since when isn't it tax deductible?

If you itemize deductions, you can sure list accounting and other fees as expenses.

• Reply 62 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

No, but a good tax preparer will get you back much more than the cost of their service, plus you can be doing what you do to make money instead of toiling over tax returns.

If you itemize deductions, you can sure list accounting and other fees as expenses.

Ok good point which only adds to the reasons to use an accountant to do you taxes. I have no idea how to do taxes and I don't want to learn. Always use the right tool for the job and in this case it is a CPA.

• Reply 63 of 63
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

If you have sole or partial ownership of a business, you can deduct the amount that it cost to do the "business side" of it. There are similar rules if you're self employed, but you would have to look them up to do so properly. They can change, and as I mentioned it is only the portion that is regarded as being related to that business. You can probably find a more exact explanation by looking up the relevant forms.