Apple on track to sell record 54M iPhones in March quarter, Morgan Stanley says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35

Anybody doing meaningful analysis of Apple/AAPL for more than a week knows that after management provides positive Guidance, AAPL will go up until it runs out of buyers (generally about 3 weeks after Earnings report).  After peaking AAPL will go into a buyer free decline of 9% to 10% (sans extraordinary macro events).  Such a decline would take AAPL down to about $121.xx.  From there AAPL trades flat to up slightly until the next Earnings Report/Guidance.  Happens every quarter, with the same stupid questions, "Why is AAPL going down?" in the latter half of the quarter.

Look for AAPL to regain $129 on expectations of a very strong March quarter, and expectations for a strong June quarter (additive Apple Watch revenue).

• Reply 22 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

We'll see how much lower the Euro goes thanks to their little "Greece" problem.

Greece… Spain… Italy… one million Libyan refugees that the Mediterranean countries will be legally forced to take in… Britain potentially leaving… 8-):D

• Reply 23 of 35
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AAPLfanboy View Post

So why the f*** is the share price down?

As I already explained in a post a few weeks ago I told the community Apple would probably  retrace to around 120 and pause for a breather  before the next leg up to 135 I'm not one to crow but its turning out as I predicted. buy at 120 and finance all the new toys. How do I know? hey if you want  to know that go figure it out for yourself and stop complaining - go trade the stock , then you can enjoy buying all this wonderful tech by using the stock as a income!

• Reply 24 of 35

I visited Italy, UK , France in 2013 and I was astounded at the high prices based on the then 1.3 to 1 exchange rate. I have travelled extensively over the last 3 decades  and I usually can tell when a currency is too strong based on a small sample of groceries , hotel; restaurants  etc. yes I know VAT is 25% even so I remember thinking parity with the dollar would about even things  up and lo and behold here we are.

Whats even more interesting about this is,  it was the European Finance ministers publicly criticizing  the Fed 3 years ago for continuing with   QE2 and QE3 and now they finally realize  the mistake of not doing it and are forced to do it themselves 2 years too late to get their economies out of the dire situation they find themselves in! and now because the US economy is first out of the recession money is moving back in to the $ awaiting the soon to be interest rate increases and strong economy to take advantage of continuing stock market Bull run.  Helps to have a long memory you see! 

• Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

It's being depressed by Butt Frost's whinning and complaining on this board... /s

Most  of my Brit  friends  here in the states explain that complaining and whining about most  things  in general is a national trait in UK and the weather of course makes it even more prevalent I guess! As generalizations  go,  it seems to explain it probably

• Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BJNflicks View Post

Good day to buy AAPL. Since the stock went down after the San Francisco presentation Wall St wrongly is taking that as a negative, as if "nothing they announced moves the needle". But they are wrong. The HBO deal is huge as I predict it is the first of many power grabs by Apple TV until they end up #1 in the world within a year or two. The new Mac looks like a beauty and will sell like hotcakes. The Apple Watch will sell out fast and then sell tons of aps and more and more as time goes by. And the Research and Healthkit news looks amazing. All frosting on the cake, none of this has been priced into the stock.

Hey  be careful with that "FrostY"  expletive don't jinx it~!. After all he did say last year :

History will reduce Apple Watch.... to a footnote in the annals of technology - Benjamin Frost Dec 2014

It's  going to be  great fun reminding B Frost  of his total absurd prediction for the next few years and watch him squirm!

• Reply 27 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregg Thurman View Post

Anybody doing meaningful analysis of Apple/AAPL for more than a week knows that after management provides positive Guidance, AAPL will go up until it runs out of buyers (generally about 3 weeks after Earnings report).  After peaking AAPL will go into a buyer free decline of 9% to 10% (sans extraordinary macro events).  Such a decline would take AAPL down to about $121.xx.  From there AAPL trades flat to up slightly until the next Earnings Report/Guidance.  Happens every quarter, with the same stupid questions, "Why is AAPL going down?" in the latter half of the quarter.

Look for AAPL to regain $129 on expectations of a very strong March quarter, and expectations for a strong June quarter (additive Apple Watch revenue).

Wow a fellow investor who actually understands the dynamics of trading! If we extend the long term resistance lines it shows the stock trading  up to 135 before rolling in the next trend. thoughts?

• Reply 28 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Not true, at least right now.

S&P 500, 0.00%

Dow, +0.02%

Nasdaq, -0.02%

Russell 2000, +0.64%

Large caps are effectively flat, small caps are actually up.

The original poster probably shorted the market and is wishing he hadn't and needs it to drop further to cover his short positions, I hope he gets killed , one less leech

• Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Wow a fellow investor who actually understands the dynamics of trading! If we extend the long term resistance lines it shows the stock trading  up to 135 before rolling in the next trend. thoughts?

You can contact me at [email protected].  More than happy to share my thoughts.

Gregg Thurman

• Reply 30 of 35
    I just blocked Buttface, no more feeding of ye trolls, I suggest we all follow suit
  • Reply 31 of 35
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

The iPhone is a monster. Even in his wildest dreams I can't imagine Steve ever conceived of selling 50 million in an 'off' quarter, let alone 75 million in a holiday one.

Re reading the dire predictions made when the iPhone launched,  from all the industry insiders, never fails to be amusing, and as the years pass it just gets more hilarious. 

• Reply 32 of 35
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    analogjack wrote: »
    Re reading the dire predictions made when the iPhone launched,  from all the industry insiders, never fails to be amusing, and as the years pass it just gets more hilarious. 

Hindsight is always 20/20.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

Do blind people have hindsight?
  • Reply 34 of 35
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Do blind people have hindsight?

One time in a fast food restaurant a guy was teaching his blind friend how the self serve soda machine worked. First some ice, and he showed him to put his finger in the cup to feel when the beverage reached a certain point. The blind guy proudly proclaimed "oh I see" I couldn't help but laugh at the irony, very graciously he turned towards me and said "well I don't SEE, but I now see how this works" I jokingly replied "yeah, I see, and SEE" which he laughed at.