Upcoming book reveals Steve Jobs refused liver transplant offer from Tim Cook, didn't want Apple to

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    stourquestourque Posts: 364member
    How many other Fortune 500 company presidents would make this offer? Steve Balmer? Haha, sorry. Eric Schmidt? Oops, sorry again.
  • Reply 62 of 70
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

It supports iTunes and Netflix content. That's worth the £59 alone.

UK Netflix is a pretty poor showing compared to US Netflix.  And iTunes selection isn't all that wonderful either, which is why a variety of sources is better.

• Reply 63 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

But Tim is correct, he would have been fine.

Are you a real Doc, or just playing one on the internet?

• Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

How many other Fortune 500 company presidents would make this offer? Steve Balmer? Haha, sorry. Eric Schmidt? Oops, sorry again.

Not wanting to be left behind, I am told there's now a long line of lieutenants at Samsung wanting to donate various body parts to The Great Leader there.

• Reply 65 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

It supports iTunes and Netflix content. That's worth the £59 alone.

UK Netflix is a pretty poor showing compared to US Netflix.  And iTunes selection isn't all that wonderful either, which is why a variety of sources is better.

Maybe, but iTunes is also your Airplay, radio, and multimedia (i.e., music, photos, and videos) device.

• Reply 66 of 70
    philipmphilipm Posts: 240member

Maybe Jobs didn’t like TV but he also disliked the Newton. And later came up with something that was conceptually in the same space that did pretty well.

• Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Maybe, but iTunes is also your Airplay, radio, and multimedia (i.e., music, photos, and videos) device.

Radio?

• Reply 68 of 70
    crowley wrote: »

Radio?

Sorry, I meant AppleTV, not iTunes.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Sorry, I meant AppleTV, not iTunes.

Again, Radio?