Credit unions again lead latest round of 39 Apple Pay additions

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    mellamella Posts: 8member

I just added my CU to ApplePay today. My CC's were very easy, but my CU required me to call them to verify myself. The lady I spoke to said "Oh, this is new for us, so just give me a moment, we just got an email about it" 

So , it's really exciting! I'm glad my CU took that level of security as well. 

• Reply 22 of 22
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    slurpy wrote: »
    I would call him a complete fucking moron, but that would be an understatement. "Top of the ecosystem"? Their mobile app is amateur trash that hasn't even been optimized for the iP6 yet. RBC has an "edge" by not supporting Apple pay? "Collision course"? What does he think he's gonna do, develop an Apple Pay competitor? When it comes to transactions, I want my bank like to be like my carrier- to get the **** out of the way and let those who know what they're doing take care of that layer. I don't want you to be at the "top of the ecosystem". What a short sighted fool. If his head wasnt stuck so far up his ass he would be embracing Apple Pay, not fighting it, and hurting the customer. 

Whilst I agree with you and everybody else's comments on the idiocy of this 7.5 million dollar a year CEO, I don't agree that the RBC mobile app is all that bad. At least not in practical usage. In fact, I use it frequently and like it. I don't have anything to compare it with but it fulfills all the functions I need, and it is speedy. The fact that it doesn't used touch ID is a shame, however.