B&H Photo's Manhattan superstore opens prestigious Apple-authorized mini-store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Mini-Apple Store? Imagine a larger store full of Apple stuff! And thousands of miles closer than 9th and W 34th. Oh wait, that exists!
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Abt in Glenview, Illinois has only one retail location since 1936. They have had an Apple Store within ABT for many years.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingDP View Post

Supposedly such a great partnership with Apple and yet B&H doesn't take ApplePay, but do accept Google Wallet. Or your regular credit card of course.

I've actually been meaning to contact them about this. While I rarely visit the store, being able to use ApplePay to make online purchases from them would be pretty nice.

• Reply 24 of 35
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I can't tell how many times I've had family come visit, and upon visiting Times Square almost always come back with a piece of CE they purchased at one of those stores that have been going out of business since the 90s.

So, let's clarify something. Are you saying that B&H is like "one of those stores"?

• Reply 25 of 35
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robogobo View Post

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but just as this Apple boutique is opening up at the country's largest professional camera store, Apple's setting the sun on its only professional photo application. Seems more than a little contradictory.

B&H are also one of the top ten musical equipment US retailers, and have been for years.  Not to mention video/audio production equipment, etc.

Count me among those who would like to pay a visit someday, crowds be damned.

• Reply 26 of 35

I have contacted them about adopting ApplePay. Their response is that they have no plans to do so currently.

You should contact them, though. The more people that do the more likely they are to change their policy.

• Reply 27 of 35
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    rob55 wrote: »
    So, let's clarify something. Are you saying that B&H is like "one of those stores"?

No not at all. B&H is where I'd tell them to go if I knew that they were looking to buy CE.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    elmoofoelmoofo Posts: 100member
    Worst customer service and logistics on the planet. Whenever I order any astronomy gear from Amazon, I first check to make sure they aren't the vendor. If they tarnish the Apple brand via their business-as-usual approach, I'll hate them even more.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    henryphenryp Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woodycurmudgeon View Post

Having lived near B&H for years I can tell you that visiting that store is a lousy experience. The crowds are absolutely insufferable.

We regret you've had an unpleasant experience in our store. I agree -- on a crowded Sunday or the day we reopen after Passover, the store can seem daunting. OTOH, on any random Tuesday morning, the store's not at all overrun and the shopping experience can be quite pleasant.

• Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlyingDP View Post

Supposedly such a great partnership with Apple and yet B&H doesn't take ApplePay, but do accept Google Wallet. Or your regular credit card of course.

Taking ApplePay is very much under discussion here and there's every chance you will see it during soon.

• Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elmoofo View Post

Worst customer service and logistics on the planet. Whenever I order any astronomy gear from Amazon, I first check to make sure they aren't the vendor. If they tarnish the Apple brand via their business-as-usual approach, I'll hate them even more.

B&H doesn't do any business via Amazon and we are not a vendor there. That said, we regret your dissatisfaction and apologize for having disappointed you. I'd be very happy to know the reasons. Use henryp[at]bhphoto.com. TIA 

• Reply 32 of 35
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by henryp View Post

B&H doesn't do any business via Amazon and we are not a vendor there. That said, we regret your dissatisfaction and apologize for having disappointed you. I'd be very happy to know the reasons. Use henryp[at]bhphoto.com. TIA 

Don't let 'em get you down, Henry. I've bought a lot of stuff from you folks over the years, both online and by phone, including our most recent iMac about a year ago. The professionalism and service have always been exemplary. I don't have to shill for you; it's my money - and your prices are almost always highly competitive. I also appreciate that you folks don't try to "upsell," and I never feel rushed. Your phone reps may suggest some related items to what I'm buying, which I frankly appreciate, but they are never pushy about it if I'm not interested. A good user buying experience is the foundation of repeat business. I think B&H and Apple see that as core to their selling strategies.

• Reply 33 of 35
    Lol @ the large crowds being your reason not to shop there. Anyways its hard to beat BH when it comes to customer satisfaction and pricing. Hadn't really heard or shopped there in the past but started to recently and will be coming back.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Gand Music & Sound in Northfield IL became the first Apple dealer in the pro audio industry back in 1989. That was 25 years ago....WE had the concept of a mini store, before Apple even had store. Hard to imagine? Thnx to an Apple referral we also equipped the Chicago Bulls with the first touch pad music playback system during the Michael Jordan hey days. We were also the first to send Midi over the defense Arpanet (before the Internet became mainstream) during the Al Gore Info Superhighway days. We had 5 military schools around the world playing the the Theme From Close Encounters with live video. Just keeping history from being revised, which seems to be the norm this century. Regards Gary Gand President
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Gand Music & Sound in Northfield IL was the first pro audio store to have an Apple "Mini store" inside. This was in 1989. That's 25 year ago....We had the idea before Apple even thought of having stores. Thanks to a referral from Apple, we equipped the Chicago Bulls with the first touch pad music playback system during the Michael Jordon hey day (he was also a neighbor).

We were also instrumental (no pun) in sending MIDI over the defense Darpanet (the forerunner to the Internet) during the Al Gore Information Superhighway days. We linked 5 schools on military bases around the world together to perform the Theme from Close Encounters, in real time, with video.

Not bragging, just trying to keep history from being revised, as is the norm this century. Regards, Gary Gand President