Rumor: Apple Watch faces staggering manufacturing issues, initial production run halved

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    Before every Apple blockbuster product introduction, the so called experts come out of the woodwork to push the stock down on rumors, so they can manipulate the market for a few days while they load up on Apple Stock and options. Its like clockwork, and its called market manipulation, which is done simply through rumor and hearsay. This is the easiest, safest way to push the stock down without fear of SEC intervention. It happens every year, before every new phone or service introduction.

I doubt that Apple would have delayed their launch to April 23rd if they couldn't meet the demand.
    5 Million was a fairly conservative number considering they are used to iPhone launches approaching 80 Million in a quarter. Therefore this rumor in my opinion just another attempt to manipulate public opinion and move the stock lower.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Why even publish this.

Because you know other websites will publish it "as is", but here on AI, the rumor can be countered with some relevant factual information.

• Reply 43 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

This is just more desperate propaganda planted by Apple's competitors. It's so pathetic that they resort to this crap. It's so far below any sense of "fair play" or any concept of simply rolling up their sleeves and doing what's necessary to come up with an honest product that's as least as good as the ?Watch.

I highly doubt it would be competitors pushing a story like this. This type of story only benefits Apple as it gives buyers who were on the fence a sense of urgency to order. 

• Reply 44 of 54
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Why even publish this.

"Enquiring minds want to know..."          /s

• Reply 45 of 54
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,273member
    I'm in with sog35 on this. If it was exceptionally dubious, AI should have waited for confirmation. Instead they've now had to write another report essentially wholly retracting this story. Shoddy work, AI.
  • Reply 46 of 54

Really !!!! again !!!! when was the last time a Apple product was delayed due to manufacturing issues ???

• Reply 47 of 54
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    Jeez...what a lot of moaning Minnys.
    Of course this is relevant, if only to point out the continued vacuous nature of online reporting. If it ain't news yet, it soon will be and which will provide some very edible schadenfreude when sales numbers come in.
    Personally I like hearing how dickheads justify their paycheck with FUD and assenine reporting. I come over all warm and fuzzy :D
  • Reply 48 of 54
    This rumour makes a lot of sense.

The recent second keynote for the Apple Watch had a very strong Chinese bent, not surprising, as we know how much Cook sees China as the future. There is no question in my mind that Tim would have loved to have launched the Apple Watch in time for the Chinese New Year. The fact that they missed it by a relatively short time suggests that yield issues were very likely the culprit.

Whether these issues have been resolved or happened some while ago is moot. The damage has already been done for this year. That opportunity of early momentum has been missed.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    I don't buy the first run of anything Apple anymore. I got screwed with the first versions of the iPhone and iPad.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    You realize the "halved" production target of 1.5 million watches per month is twice the total sales of all Android watches for the past year, right? If Apple manages to sell 18 million watches in its first year, some forum bozo will call it a "failure," even if it manages to grab 90% of the smart watch market in the first year.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    You realize the "halved" production target of 1.5 million watches per month is twice the total sales of all Android watches for the past year, right? If Apple manages to sell 18 million watches in its first year, some forum bozo will call it a "failure," even if it manages to grab 90% of the smart watch market in the first year.

18 million in the first year would be a success. Not a triumph, but a success nonetheless.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Maybe Apple got much less pre-orders than the targeted so it reduces manufacturing order by half. In a marketing point of view, this looks good just like that it implemented a trade-in program to keep iPhone sales rather than lowering its sale price.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    techguy wrote: »
    Maybe Apple got much less pre-orders than the targeted so it reduces manufacturing order by half. In a marketing point of view, this looks good just like that it implemented a trade-in program to keep iPhone sales rather than lowering its sale price.

Preorders haven't started yet.