Apple asks developers to submit WatchKit apps for fast approaching Apple Watch launch

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited April 2015
Apple on Tuesday issued a notice to its development community, asking for applications based on the new WatchKit tools for Apple Watch to be submitted to the App Store.

Software featuring WatchKit support began arriving in the App Store last week. Among the first options were Evernote, The New York Times, Target, and Expedia.

In an effort to encourage more submissions, Apple issued a notice on Tuesday reminding developers that the Apple Watch will be on customers' wrists starting April 24. The notice also includes a link to a tutorial document detailing how developers can prepare their application submission for the Apple Watch.

At launch, Apple Watch applications will be available to install on a connected iPhone. Software will be found in the traditional App Store, though the new Apple Watch application found in iOS 8.2 will include its own Watch-only store.

Customers will be able to test out the Apple Watch two weeks early, starting on April 10, when the company's stores will begin accepting reservations for trials.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Released on the 1st of April, this http://www.fitnessenhancement.com/blog/apple-watch-fitness/ will be a game changing smart watch for Apple!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

The Apple Watch is going to become a massively popular ecosystem/software platform, while Android wear will be relegated to junk status. 

• Reply 3 of 7
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator

$350.  Is it really all that much money?  To someone who already is an iPhone owner?  I'll be ordering one sight unseen on April 10th, just for the fact that it represents technology that we would have gone to war with aliens to acquire a mere decade ago.  

We are that generation who gets to bring to life the Dick Tracy dream.  Who wouldn't want in on that?

• Reply 4 of 7
    slurpy wrote: »
    The Apple Watch is going to become a massively popular ecosystem/software platform, while Android wear will be relegated to junk status. 

I disagree.

It will be a dismal failure, the worst Apple has had since the 1990s.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    $350.  Is it really all that much money?  To someone who already is an iPhone owner?  I'll be ordering one sight unseen on April 10th, just for the fact that it represents technology that we would have gone to war with aliens to acquire a mere decade ago.  

We are that generation who gets to bring to life the Dick Tracy dream.  Who wouldn't want in on that?

Those who regard Segways as objects of hilarity.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

I see they are giving out apples at Sentosa Island in Singapore.

You either use the apple to open your room, or you trade an apple to get a room key, based on this Watch app.

• Reply 7 of 7

Welcome to my block list....