Apple Watch TV ad makes primetime debut during NBC's 'The Voice'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shen View Post

Poor man would never post again. Is that really what you want?

I love your sig and your comment.

• Reply 22 of 26
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    N
    splif wrote: »
    I think that's stainless steel.
    no problem ... Apple's got that covered too ...
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Only AI's writers are lame enough to not have known this has been playing on prime time for weeks now. It was also on tonight's NCIS. And yesterdays's Castle. And Bones last week.

Perhaps if the writer would watch something other than scripted reality TV...
  • Reply 24 of 26
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member

If you could go back 1 year in time and show this commercial before all bullsh*t hate this device is getting, people would have a very different view of the watch. I'd say that most people who have an iPhone and saw this ad would want one right away...

(of course they wouldn't know it would last only a day, need an iPhone and started a 350 to 17k but still)

• Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Ugh. That music. So naff.

It's all about women, this Apple Watch. They're trying to be all things to all men in the ad, to cacophonous effect, but the overall message is effeminate and twee.

Oh for the days of the good ads. The iPod ones, I'm a Mac etc. I'm not sure we'll ever see a good ad from Apple again, which makes me sad.

"Lord my load is heavy."  Are you for real?  In nearly 40 years, Apple has produced thousands of ads, some good, some great, some bad, some awful.  Based on this one ad, we'll never see a good ad from Apple again.  Really.  Really?!

This can't be real.  I can't believe that someone IRL would actually put something like this out there.  "Hey Tim!  Hated your ad.  Close up shop.  You've lost your mojo."  Give me a break.

Based on this, I don't think I'll ever see a constructive reply to a blog post again.  Ever.  In the entire galaxy.  Feh.

• Reply 26 of 26
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I really like this ad. Well done Apple.

OT: I found something interesting on LinkedIn. The profile of the Apple employee below was recently updated to indicate he oversees a team of 20 mechanical engineers responsible for the ?Watch case and bands. What's interesting about it is his profile was only recently updated (within the last month or so) but he says he was given the watch project back in 2012 (he's been at Apple since 2005). Previously he just had a generic product design manager description. I wonder how many other Apple employees have 'fake' profiles on LinkedIn? And does someone at Apple tell them when they can update their profile?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fletcherrothkopf

Btw, the guy is looking for resumé's in case anyone is interested. :)