All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    They should've used film, JJ Abrams, and Scott Nolan still do.

Christopher Nolan?
  • Reply 42 of 57
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Christopher Nolan?

Him too :lol: thanks for the correction.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    supadav03 wrote: »
    "And so the most milked franchise in history gets milked even more. Fans who already own these on previous digital formats would be crazy to buy these versions" - Mobius

Ummmm....these have never been available in digital formats. Only on DVD, Blu-ray or VHS.

Ummmm...DVD and Blu-Ray are digital formats.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    supadav03 wrote: »
    My bad. I though he meant avail to purchase digitally
    I did, and they have been for a long time. I think maybe you mean available to purchase as a digital download.
  • Reply 45 of 57
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 504member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SupaDav03 View Post

My bad. I though he meant avail to purchase digitally

I did, and they have been for a long time. I think maybe you mean available to purchase as a digital download.

Yes. Obviously that is what I thought you meant since the whole article was about Star Wars finally being available for digital download.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,439moderator
    jbdragon wrote: »
    I can't beleive they're milking these movies for FULL PRICE still!!!

It's Disney this time remember, they have to pay off the billions they gave to Lucas to own the franchise.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,725member

I'd pony up $100 for a 4k copy of Eps4-6 all original.

Ironically, George's haste to shoot Eps 2 & 3 all digital will leave us with lower resolution than the classics.  There just aren't any extra pixels to scan!

• Reply 48 of 57
    eriamjh wrote: »

Ironically, George's haste to shoot Eps 2 & 3 all digital will leave us with lower resolution than the classics.  There just aren't any extra pixels to scan!

I'd be completely OK if JJ Abrams rebooted episodes 1-3 and Disney locked the Lucas versions away in a vault.
  • Reply 49 of 57
    I'd be completely OK if JJ Abrams rebooted episodes 1-3 and Disney locked the Lucas versions away in a vault.

Just no lens flare :lol:
  • Reply 50 of 57
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Just no lens flare :lol:

Actually, I rather enjoyed the lens flare look for Star Trek. He's already explicitly stated that the same look won't be used for Star Wars.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    Actually, I rather enjoyed the lens flare look for Star Trek. He's already explicitly stated that the same look won't be used for Star Wars.

Some I like, but there were times it would completely wash out the screen. I definitely like your suggestion, and second the nomination.
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Honestly you'd be surprised how well the original SFX has held up, it really is quite remarkable.

I agree. There is a timeless quality to the SFX and the movies hold up very, very well. In fact, Superman - The Movie, while one of the best superhero movies ever made, came out after Star Wars, but the FX really pale when compared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I was watching Fellowship of the Ring the other day and that movie hasn't aged nearly as well.

There are parts of the LOTR trilogy where the SFX was dodgy even on first viewing it, but the movies still do entertain. I feel FOTR is the best of all the 6 Middle-Earth films. 

• Reply 53 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They should've used film, JJ Abrams, and Scott Nolan still do.

Christopher Nolan?

The bastard child of Ridley Scott and Christopher Nolan?

• Reply 54 of 57
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post

I can't beleive they're milking these movies for FULL PRICE still!!!

It's Disney this time remember, they have to pay off the billions they gave to Lucas to own the franchise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

For what it's worth, Amazon (at least in the US) is bundling all six in "HD" for $89.99...

Interesting, in that it's usually iTunes presenting bundles, Amazon Instant is usually the one

with the same or lower individual pricing.

Still think I see better video quality through iTunes, whenever I've had a chance to compare.

• Reply 55 of 57
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,584member
    boredumb wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Amazon (at least in the US) is bundling all six in "HD" for $89.99...
    Interesting, in that it's usually iTunes presenting bundles, Amazon Instant is usually the one
    with the same or lower <span style="line-height:1.4em;">individual pricing.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Still think I see better video quality through iTunes, whenever I've had a chance to compare.</span>

Google Play has the same thing showing. I'm guessing that's the standard bundle price.
  • Reply 56 of 57
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

with the same or lower individual pricing.

Still think I see better video quality through iTunes, whenever I've had a chance to compare.

Google Play has the same thing showing. I'm guessing that's the standard bundle price.

Might almost be worth thinking about at that price...iTunes isn't yet offering one, though.

In fact, they seem to have removed the usual "movie bundles" tab in the iTunes store for now (although the column link is still there).