Apple to release OS X 10.10.3 update with new Photos app today

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    You wrote: "...I'd suggest running repair Library on iPhoto or Aperture Library before doing anything (hold Option and Command when launching Library)..."

Did you mean, "hold down Command+Option when launching the application"?

No actually I meant it, as in double click a Library, I have many Libraries so I hold the keys and double click the Library I want. But if you only have one then yes, you can just hold and launch app.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

No actually I meant it, as in double click a Library, I have many Libraries so I hold the keys and double click the Library I want. But if you only have one then yes, you can just hold and launch app.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

• Reply 23 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post

What does anything I said have to do with storing photos in the cloud? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

I'll elaborate.

When you are adding a picture to a website, such as this one in comments, you click on the button to add the image. When Finder opens, there's a section towards the bottom of the sidebar labeled "Media" that lets you choose between Music, Photos or Movies. "Pictures" in the sidebar does not give you the option to pull from iPhoto or Aperture. It shows the generic Photos folder. 

During the 10.10.3 beta, this "Media" option rarely popped up when it should. When it did, you couldn't select any pictures by selecting "Photos" as the app to pull from. It alerted to open the Photos App to access pictures. 

Refer to the screenshots of 10.10.2 for reference. This is how it should be, but rarely was 

Choosing Photos under "Media" takes you to the option of selecting where you want to pull pictures from.

This is the screen that allows you to choose where you want to pull pictures from. Under 10.10.3 beta, when clicking on the "Photos"(app) option, I was greeted with a message saying to open the Photos app to access pictures, instead of having my events etc. shown to go into for choosing a picture, as illustrated below. 

This seems to work now.

And thanks for pointing it out, I'd hadn't noticed the Media section before.  Quite funny how Apple allows you to select songs bought from the iTunes Store, but not movies or TV shows.