Apple releases OS X 10.10.3 update with new Photos app, iCloud Photo Library

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    My "hidden photos" are longer be hidden. They've changed from the old view option which allowed one to hide photos completely unless the "view hidden" option is selected. Now there is a "Hidden" file into which photos are moved if you choose to "hide" them. Unfortunately the "All Photos" album shows the supposedly hidden photos, the "Faces" album shows the faces from the hidden photos (although it doesn't allow the images to open), they show in the "iPhoto Events" folder (they didn't show here on the old iPhoto). The "All Photos" info window also shows little, round thumbnails which include photos that are supposedly "hidden." Sadly I'm afraid my nephews are gonna easily be able to stumble on to pictures they shouldn't ought to be seeing (i.e. their auntie's naked ass).

I've had to resort to PC "Office" software to take advantage of features which used to be available in Pages and Numbers, since Mac "upgraded" these features out of existence... Hopefully I'm not going to have to resort to similar strategies for my image files...
  • Reply 62 of 67
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ibaconi View Post

My "hidden photos" are longer be hidden. They've changed from the old view option which allowed one to hide photos completely unless the "view hidden" option is selected. Now there is a "Hidden" file into which photos are moved if you choose to "hide" them. Unfortunately the "All Photos" album shows the supposedly hidden photos, the "Faces" album shows the faces from the hidden photos (although it doesn't allow the images to open), they show in the "iPhoto Events" folder (they didn't show here on the old iPhoto). The "All Photos" info window also shows little, round thumbnails which include photos that are supposedly "hidden." Sadly I'm afraid my nephews are gonna easily be able to stumble on to pictures they shouldn't ought to be seeing (i.e. their auntie's naked ass).

I've had to resort to PC "Office" software to take advantage of features which used to be available in Pages and Numbers, since Mac "upgraded" these features out of existence... Hopefully I'm not going to have to resort to similar strategies for my image files...

How about simply a separate library for the special photos?

• Reply 63 of 67

That's what I've done... It's just a matter of principle. iPhoto handled it quite nicely, but now Photos instead allows one to create a "hidden photos" folder, but the files within it are not hidden at all... What the hell's the point of "hidden photos" if they're not hidden?

• Reply 64 of 67
    I just upgraded and accepted the conversion to Photos from iPhoto. I LOST ALL OF MY IPHOTO BOOKS. THEY DID NOT CONVERT PROPERLY AND ARE A MESS. BEWARE!!!!
  • Reply 65 of 67
    pigybankpigybank Posts: 178member
    frank777 wrote: »
    Mail doesn't seem to be able to access my Gmail after the update. Google keeps sending me emails saying someone's trying to access my Gmail from my location, an they know my password.

Yeah, because that's me. :???:  Anybody else having this issue with Mail?

Use this link.

https://accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha

Once fully logged in Mail should be able to as well.

Essentially Google is asking for a captcha. Mail knows your password but can't read or enter a captcha. This link resets it externally so Mail won't need it to log in.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pigybank View Post

Use this link.

https://accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha

Once fully logged in Mail should be able to as well.

Essentially Google is asking for a captcha. Mail knows your password but can't read or enter a captcha. This link resets it externally so Mail won't need it to log in.

It worked. Thanks for the help!

• Reply 67 of 67
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hbclouds View Post

I just upgraded and accepted the conversion to Photos from iPhoto. I LOST ALL OF MY IPHOTO BOOKS. THEY DID NOT CONVERT PROPERLY AND ARE A MESS. BEWARE!!!!

As I understand it conversion creates a new library, so your old one with the books is intact and still there.