Apple Watch won't be available in Apple's retail stores until June at the earliest

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    yojimbo007 wrote: »
    Bad move! Bad planinng !!!!!!

Multiple!!!! Sure sign of the unhinged mind!!!!!!
  • Reply 62 of 77
    That observation amounts to a hill of beans.

Apple just changed the industry on that front: watch what these guys'll be doing in a couple of years.

Just like cars come with a stock set of wheels and you can either order a car with a different set of wheels that you want or order different wheels after the fact so will the ? Watch come with stock bands and you can either order the watch with a specific band or order a different band after the fact.
  • Reply 63 of 77
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    shen wrote: »
    Multiple!!!! Sure sign of the unhinged mind!!!!!!

Unhinged is what this product launch strategy or lack there of is !!!
  • Reply 64 of 77
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Bad move! Bad planinng !!!!!!

yeah man, Cook needs to be fired and Apple is doomed. on and steve jobs?

/s
  • Reply 65 of 77
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    sranger wrote: »
    I think Apple really just wants these to more or less be a made to order device....

nope. they just dont have enough inventory right now. its that simple.
  • Reply 66 of 77
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    yeah man, Cook needs to be fired and Apple is doomed. on and steve jobs?

/s

Nowhere near! Tim is the man !!! Apple is not doomed! But this product's launch planning was totally screwed up !
  • Reply 67 of 77
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

nope. they just dont have enough inventory right now. its that simple.

And you proof either way is??????

• Reply 68 of 77
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Nowhere near! Tim is the man !!! Apple is not doomed! But this product's launch planning was totally screwed up !
    Screwed up how? I cannot recall the last time that Apple launched a major new product with enough inventory to meet demand. Can you?
  • Reply 69 of 77
    mr. me wrote: »
    Screwed up how? I cannot recall the last time that Apple launched a major new product with enough inventory to meet demand. Can you?

Its not about shortage.. Its about having zero product at stores for launch date...then realizing that its totally screwed up since launch date lines are one of the biggest PR and Buzz factors for apple and retracting the "24th launch date" To "coming soon" ... While online orders will be shipped !
    Its very messy ... And thats screwed up relative to Apple standards !
  • Reply 70 of 77
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

Its not about shortage.. Its about having zero product at stores for launch date...then realizing that its totally screwed up since launch date lines are one of the biggest PR and Buzz factors for apple and retracting the "24th launch date" To "coming soon" ... While online orders will be shipped !

Its very messy ... And thats screwed up relative to Apple standards !

Just the opposite. Apple hates the sidewalk circus.

• Reply 71 of 77

Just the opposite. Apple hates the sidewalk circus.
    With all due respect.. You could not be more wrong!
    Lines at product launches Is one of their most powerfull PR and Buzz creation tools/strategies !
  • Reply 72 of 77
    Quote:

Lines at product launches Is one of their most powerfull PR and Buzz creation tools/strategies !

With all due respect, you are behind the curve.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

"The days of waiting in line and crossing fingers for a product are over for our customers," says Angel Ahrendts.

Read more:  http://www.businessinsider.com/angela-ahrendts-says-a-significant-change-in-mindset-to-launching-apple-watch-online-2015-4#ixzz3We3E4ytX

• Reply 73 of 77
    [/quote]

With all due respect, you are behind the curve.

Nope... I suggest you read Angelas last email to the emplyees! Where she retracted and distanced herself from that totally screwd up comment she made .. ..
    Here is an excerpt from her last email to employees!

"I know this is a different experience for our customers, and a change for you as well. Are we going to launch every product this way from now on? No. We all love those blockbuster Apple product launch days - and there will be many more to come. They're the moments where you, our teams, shine. And our customers love them as well!"

You can read the whole letter here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/watch/11541152/Apple-memo-no-Apple-Watches-to-buy-in-store-throughout-May.html

That First comment you quoted is the reason for some of the chaos, outrage and confusion... Which she/Apple immediately corrected on the following day after realizing what grand screw up it was !

Those lines are priceless Buzz generators... And Apple loves them... What they dont like is the frenzy and violence in some parts of the world !
  • Reply 74 of 77
    Quote:

[/quote]

Nope... I suggest you read Angelas last email to the emplyees! Where she retracted and distanced herself from that totally screwd up comment she made .. ..

Here is an excerpt from her last email to employees!

"I know this is a different experience for our customers, and a change for you as well. Are we going to launch every product this way from now on? No. We all love those blockbuster Apple product launch days - and there will be many more to come. They're the moments where you, our teams, shine. And our customers love them as well!"

You can read the whole letter here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/watch/11541152/Apple-memo-no-Apple-Watches-to-buy-in-store-throughout-May.html

That First comment you quoted is the reason for some of the chaos, outrage and confusion... Which she/Apple immediately corrected on the following day after realizing what grand screw up it was !

Those lines are priceless Buzz generators... And Apple loves them... What they dont like is the frenzy and violence in some parts of the world !

This was not a "retraction" and nothing was "screwed up" about the first memo. In fact the part you chose not to quote says this product rollout will not be changed from how it was originally described, she reiterates that little or no Apple Watch stock will be available on 4-24 (or through May for that matter), and that preordering is the way to go for anyone who wants one before then.

You are misunderstanding. Ahrendts isn't saying that Apple will never again make stock of a new product available at retail stores on the first day. She comes from the world of upscale retail, a place where making people camp out and hope they can get what they want is just not done. Ahrendts was hired for reasons, and one of them was to improve the Apple retail experience.

• Reply 75 of 77

This was not a "retraction" and nothing was "screwed up" about the first memo. In fact the part you chose not to quote says this product rollout will not be changed from how it was originally described, she reiterates that little or no Apple Watch stock will be available on 4-24 (or through May for that matter), and that preordering is the way to go for anyone who wants one before then.

You are misunderstanding. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Ahrendts isn't saying that Apple will never again make stock of a new product available at retail stores on the first day.</span>
     She comes from the world of upscale retail, a place where making people camp out and hope they can get what they want is just not done. Ahrendts was hired for reasons, and one of them was to improve the Apple retail experience.
    Fully disagree. there are so many screwups at so many levels here! One being her statement of getting rid of the lines !
    In her second letter to employees She makes a delibrate statment about product launches not continuing in this way , without stock and lines ... She acknowledges the importance and excitemnt of product launches as they have been ! There is a reason for that paragraph. And yes it is a full retraction from what she said ! " End of lines at apple store " Read them side by side !

Now if you choose to believe that lines at product launches are worthless then all the power to you!
    But Apple gets a huge buzz from them..HUGE ... To a point where even the competition tries to duplicate them to no avail.
    it is all part and parcel of the marketing game... And they now it well .

Now as for our disagreement... Time will tell ... Lines will be back or they wont ! If they are back then what she said in her first comment was a screwup .. And hence the reason for second letter caltifying the situation and also calrifying future launch strategy !

If they allow stock at stores at launch... Lines will be there!
    If they dont and do it the watch way and as a result do away with lines ... Imho gigantic pr , buzz screwup! With a captal G ! ;)
  • Reply 76 of 77
    shen wrote: »
    I simply love that when I say I am literally laughing at how clueless you are you read that as "so I was right!"

You are my new favorite example of Dunning Kruger. Keep posting!

You still seeing that counselor for all your insecurities?