Snapchat paid ousted Apple exec Scott Forstall 0.11% to be advisor, according to leaked email

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jackeebleu View Post

I think it was about accountability and ownership.  Something that Cook and Jobs always held in high regard.  There have been stories written about Forstall's petulance, so maybe they just had enough of the behavior despite his possible brilliance.  I can only speak for my own experience, but since his departure, I've only seen an improvement in iOS performance and maps have become my go to navigation system even in my car.

Jobs was a bit dead to fire Forstall. Things improve over time, Forstall was responsible for some rock solid iOS releases.

• Reply 42 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    asdasd wrote: »

Jobs was a bit dead to fire Forstall. Things improve over time, Forstall was responsible for some rock solid iOS releases.

Tim fired Forstall.
  • Reply 43 of 48

Funny, when did I mention Jobs firing Forstall?  Of course Jobs was dead.

• Reply 44 of 48
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    It doesn't require an app update AFAIK. Try this:
    https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6071193?hl=en

I'm not using Waze myself so don't know for certain if the help page is applicable.

no, that is an iOS setting, not a setting to tell Waze not to be annoying by popping up sponsored ads along my route.

if it doesnt do it anymore, i will still assume its due to a design change by its owners.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    I just booted my old 3GS, skuomorphism et al . You know what, I still love it. It is what first drew me to iOS.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    mstone wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't know how anyone can say that. It is the most horrible and inadequate excuse for a mapping app I have ever seen. Granted, it works a little better in the US than elsewhere in the world, but still terrible.

Try this:
    Search for "Terminal de Buses David Panama"

Then try it with Google Maps.

You plainly are hysterical when you say, "it's the most horrible and inadequate excuse for a mapping app I have ever seen." (or you've only used two apps!) But I would admit it has some big problems, and problems that they seem glacially slow to correct. Most annoying. I have made repeated corrections since Maps came out that they have just fricking ignored. Nonexistent streets and businesses. It's pathetic!
    Now WRT your example, I entered the far more explicit search term, "Terminal de Buses, Ciudad de David, Panama" and it returns:
    "Terrace Dr, Kaysville, UT 84037, United States!" Hmm…that's pretty fricking pathetic too!
  • Reply 47 of 48
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member

Agreed. I think they went about as far as they could with skewmorphic designs
    Tried multiple time to post with a screenshot only to have The AI app f it up and toss my post, so now I'll do a short all text version.
    Forstall - bad with people.
    Forstall - too into skuemorphism.
    But, Forstall was thrown under bus
    Forstall 2-3X > Jony Ive WRT IX/UX.
    Proof? The many design cul de sacs now present in iOS.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Tim fired Forstall.

I know. But then I didn't mention Cook.