AppleInsider podcast discusses our Apple Watch review, Apple's record Q2 and more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2015
This week's all-new AppleInsider podcast is now available to download and subscribe in iTunes or SoundCloud, with detailed analysis of this week's news. We discuss the full Apple watch review and what it's like after a week of day to day use. Apple's record Q2 earnings call, CurrentC ousts its CEO, Microsoft bring Objective-C support to Windows 10, and more.

This week, AppleInsider staff members Mikey Campbell, Shane Cole, and Stephen Robles discuss the top stories:

Apple Watch review
Apple sells 61 millions iPhones in Q2
Earnings call and declining iPad sales
Best Buy to accept Apple Pay
CurrentC looks for a new CEO
Microsoft brings Objective-C support to Windows 10
Microsoft Visual Studio comes to the Mac

The show is available in iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider".Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show!

You can also listen to it embedded via SoundCloud below:

Show note links: Follow our hosts on Twitter: @mikeycampbell81, Shane Cole, and @stephenrobles

We'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.

Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Watching AAPL plunge then rise again today I have to wonder of Tim bought back a chunk while it was down so far today.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    drunkzombiedrunkzombie Posts: 169member
    What happened to DED? We haven't read nor heard of him in months.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Not sure who said this it was either Shane or Stephen about sapphire crystal watch.

They claim they shatter easily, they will not scratch bit they will shatter and he seems to have a problem walking to to poles at construction sites the on city.

I personally only wear watches with sapphire crystals reason being I am very rough on watches and got tired of breaking the glass on cheap watches. I bang my watches into every thing, I have dropped them on floors and smacked them into metal as I worked on cars. In 20 years I only had one crystal break and that happen when the band broke and the watch hit the ground and the crystal popped out and then it hit the ground broke.

If the crystal is not properly mounted in the watch I can see how it will break, if it is stressed as it is mounted it will break when impacted. I can only assume watches Shane or Stephen are buying are not very good watches.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator

His last article was around the end of March but his dad passed away recently. His twitter says he decided to go touring Apple Watch stores in Europe until the end of April:

https://twitter.com/danieleran

Maybe he'll post some articles about his travels. If the following is his own picture, it looks like he's still in Paris:

• Reply 5 of 7
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunkzombie View Post

He's been traveling but will be on this week's podcast.

• Reply 6 of 7
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Not sure who said this it was either Shane or Stephen about sapphire crystal watch.

They claim they shatter easily, they will not scratch bit they will shatter and he seems to have a problem walking to to poles at construction sites the on city.

I personally only wear watches with sapphire crystals reason being I am very rough on watches and got tired of breaking the glass on cheap watches. I bang my watches into every thing, I have dropped them on floors and smacked them into metal as I worked on cars. In 20 years I only had one crystal break and that happen when the band broke and the watch hit the ground and the crystal popped out and then it hit the ground broke.

If the crystal is not properly mounted in the watch I can see how it will break, if it is stressed as it is mounted it will break when impacted. I can only assume watches Shane or Stephen are buying are not very good watches.

Shane is the experienced Watch owner. For me, the Sapphire on my Apple Watch is holding up exceptionally well after a couple dings on hard materials. The stainless steel is getting scuffed up though.

• Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Shane is the experienced Watch owner. For me, the Sapphire on my Apple Watch is holding up exceptionally well after a couple dings on hard materials. The stainless steel is getting scuffed up though.

There's a video on Youtube about cleaning scuffs and scratches out of the stainless steel model:

[VIDEO]

This is the polish they used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068GEJM/

You probably wouldn't want to do it very often but at least before selling it on.