Microsoft prepping Continuity-like features for Windows 10 alongside new flagship handsets - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Agreed! Not the same thing at all. Continuum for phones turns your smartphone into a PC with full desktop apps. Continuity is just app synchronization which I'm not sure continuum even offers.

I like how this article is so intentionally misleading though. It reminds me of the good old days :p

It's also nice to see some good competition from Microsoft after so many years. Keep up the good work Satya!

Nothing like an app on your touch phone that begs for a keyboard and mouse. There's a reason a car, airplane and boat don't have the same UI.

I chuckled at the "feature" of an 8-core Snapdragon CPU... What it's fastest at is getting hot and being dialed back to cool down... it will be fun to try and hold onto that little baked potato...
  • Reply 22 of 23
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Agreed! Not the same thing at all. Continuum for phones turns your smartphone into a PC with full desktop apps. Continuity is just app synchronization which I'm not sure continuum even offers.

I like how this article is so intentionally misleading though. It reminds me of the good old days :p

It's also nice to see some good competition from Microsoft after so many years. Keep up the good work Satya!

Yeah, I think they have regained their rhythm. Continuum, universal apps... quite clever concepts. And then, current efforts to attract Android and iOS devs with easy porting tools... for someone who came late to the party, I think they couldn't do much more from what they are doing now, so regardless of their success (or lack of it), they deserve some accolades for the effort.

Re Windows phone, while 10 million handsets a quarter isn't something that Apple and Google (and some other brands) would write home about, I think they have managed to secure survival of the platform, niche as it is at present.