Mophie launches waterproof Juice Pack H2Pro battery case for Apple's iPhone 6

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2015
Mophie on Tuesday revealed a new battery case, the Juice Pack H2Pro, which it said will not only extend the battery life of an iPhone 6 but make it waterproof to a depth of 1.2 meters (about 4 feet) for 30 minutes.

The new case is IP68-rated against not just water but also dust and other particles, thanks to design touches like a built-in screen protector and sealable ports. All functions should continue to work while the case is on, including buttons and Touch ID.

It also meets MIL-STD 810G, a U.S. military standard for protection against shocks and drops. Drop protection is rated up to 4 feet.

Inside is a 2,750 milliamp-hour battery, which Mophie claims will double an iPhone's battery life. On the back is an LED power indicator used to indicate power level and charging status. Like many other battery cases, the H2Pro can be turned on and off as needed.

The Juice Pack H2Pro can currently be preordered for $130, and should ship later this month. It's only being sold in black, and there is no version for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Dude that is so cool, all the beach dogs will want want one. Woof2O! Stoked.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member

Cool, but why does it still not have a Lightning connector on the outside?! Apple opend this up last year. Pretty useless to me until it does.

• Reply 3 of 9
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Cool, but why does it still not have a Lightning connector on the outside?! Apple opend this up last year. Pretty useless to me until it does.

I'm not sure you could make it waterproof. Might short circuit.

• Reply 4 of 9
    gregqgregq Posts: 62member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DogCowabunga View Post

Dude that is so cool, all the beach dogs will want want one. Woof2O! Stoked.

Agreed, great for the beach. If only they'd make one for the 6Plus...

• Reply 5 of 9
    landcruiserlandcruiser Posts: 218member

Agreed. I'm done carrying 2 cables around just to have a Mophie. Call me when it has Lightning.

• Reply 6 of 9
    jackansijackansi Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

I'm not sure you could make it waterproof. Might short circuit.

If you can make a microUSB waterproof with a little rubber door, you can make a lightning connector waterproof with a similar rubber door.

• Reply 7 of 9
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    jackansi wrote: »

If you can make a microUSB waterproof with a little rubber door, you can make a lightning connector waterproof with a similar rubber door.
    Thinks he mistaking a direct access to lighting.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    tkrunner1738tkrunner1738 Posts: 289member

I know lifeproof teased the Power Fre,

which it looks like it has a door for lightening, not sure how they get power to the phone. The price seems steep at $130. But glad to see some innovation, but yes like others have said, I still want to plug in my lightening connector for syncing.

• Reply 9 of 9
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    I want this now!