Pixelmator coming to iPhone as universal app, iPad version on sale for 50% off

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2015
Popular photo editing app Pixelmator, already available on Mac and iPad, will also be coming to Apple's iPhone in the near future, the company announced on Wednesday.

Because it will be a universal iOS application, Pixelmator for iPad owners will automatically get the software for free on their iPhone.

To celebrate the announcement, Pixelmator for iOS is currently on sale for 50 percent off, priced at just $4.99 on the App Store.

No release date for Pixelmator for iPhone has been given, but in a blog post published on Wednesday, the developer hyped the software as "awesome." It was said that the iPhone version will have "all of the incredible features and power of Pixelmator for iPad."

In addition, new features are said to be coming to the iPhone version, including new Distort Tools powered by Apple's Metal graphics API.

Pixelmator first debuted on iPad last October, making the jump from Apple's Mac platform. Since then, the developer has steadily added to the software, most recently adding new watercolor brushes and an upgraded "Color Picker."

The OS X version of Pixelmator has also received attention recently, as just last week the developer added support for Apple's new Force Touch trackpad found on the latest 13-inch MacBook Pro and 12-inch MacBook. Pixelmator 3.3.2 for Mac is priced at $29.99 for new users.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member

I think I may finally have to make the purchase. My OS X hardware may be old but I've got the iOS horsepower to run this beautifully.

• Reply 2 of 3
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Does it have an easy tool for fixing old photos that have fading, leaving mostly blues and reds? I have an 8x10 color print that has been in a frame exposed to indirect sunlight for years. Scanned it and tried bringing back the original full spectrum of colors using the tools available in the new Photos app on my iMac. It was beyond a struggle. Result was not great.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

"Because it will be a universal iOS application, Pixelmator for iPad owners will automatically get the software for free on their iPhone."

:)

Love this app.