Apple expands green initiative to Chinese manufacturing, to manage 1M acres of forest

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I think part of the problem is there are so many people hooked on government handouts, they only view government as beneficial, whereas the rest of us just get stuck with the bills.

Who is the rest of us?

• Reply 22 of 27
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

This is fantastic for both Apple and China.

China has so much pollution from manufacturing it is endangering the people. They LOVE that Apple is helping them become green and responsible. With so much renewable sources of wood, metals, and other resources and so much solar power, Apple will be more green than any other large corporation in the world.

Where is Greenpeace's statement of support?

I hear crickets.

I suppose when their money comes from big polluting corporations other than Apple, they are speechless.

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/campaigns/global-warming-and-energy/A-Green-Internet/clickingclean/#apple

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/media-center/news-releases/Greenpeace-statement-on-Apple-California-solar-power-deal/

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/Blogs/Cool-IT/apple-renewable-energy/blog/44456/

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/media-center/news-releases/-Greenpeace-Applauds-Apple-for-Cutting-Conflict-Minerals-Supply-Chain-Transparency/

Pretty easy to find this stuff.

• Reply 23 of 27
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,408member
    Is that why Medicare is insolvent? Like, hugely insolvent? That's amazingly efficient I guess. Also why so many doctors love having to deal with it, right? :no:

I think part of the problem is there are so many people hooked on government handouts, they only view government as beneficial, whereas the rest of us just get stuck with the bills.

Yikes. You guys (and those giving you the thumbs up) are just making your own facts. There's no law against it, but it's kind of a shady thing to do.

The simple fact is -- and you can look this up in spades -- Medicare is solvent until 2030 (at least), and can cover 75%-85% of projected costs from 2030-2050.

And here's the additional fact that's going to get all your knickers in a twist: what made this possible is the cost reductions arising fm the Accountable Care Act!

:lol:
  • Reply 24 of 27
    bubbaonebubbaone Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

The simple fact is -- and you can look this up in spades -- Medicare is solvent until 2030 (at least), and can cover 75%-85% of projected costs from 2030-2050.

And here's the additional fact that's going to get all your knickers in a twist: what made this possible is the cost reductions arising fm the Accountable Care Act!

There are lies, d@mn  lies, and statistics.  It's easy to declare anything solvent when one has their own money press and one can change the rules (laws) at anytime!!!!  I will believe Medicare is "solvent" when among other things Medicare reimbursements are the same as what I pay for the same procedures.  In other words uniform costs for the same procedures and prescriptions.

• Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

This is fantastic for both Apple and China.

China has so much pollution from manufacturing it is endangering the people. They LOVE that Apple is helping them become green and responsible. With so much renewable sources of wood, metals, and other resources and so much solar power, Apple will be more green than any other large corporation in the world.

Where is Greenpeace's statement of support?

I hear crickets.

I suppose when their money comes from big polluting corporations other than Apple, they are speechless.

This just in:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/12/apple-leads-the-pack-in-greenpeaces-2015-clean-tech-update/

Apple is superlative. 

• Reply 26 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,338member
    This is fantastic for both Apple and China. China has so much pollution from manufacturing it is endangering the people. They LOVE that Apple is helping them become green and responsible. With so much renewable sources of wood, metals, and other resources and so much solar power, Apple will be more green than any other large corporation in the world. Where is Greenpeace's statement of support? I hear crickets. I suppose when their money comes from big polluting corporations other than Apple, they are speechless.
    Greenpiece is concerned primarily about the west, where where the standard of living is higher, where most of the people are not living at survival mode where are you can afford to care about the environment, if you want to care about anything, keep your eye out for a Canadian company Northern Dynasty Minerals, that wants to build a gold mine at the headwaters of the worlds largest salmon fishery at Lake Iliamna in Alaska, the annual take in revenue per year as a food source is way more valuable than a mere gold mine.

Apple or should I say Tim Cook and others within Apple, have done well in East Asia from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China, Apple Corporation probably are the best in recent times at negotiating through all the day-to-day business emergencies that come up in that part of the world. Which seems gets overlooked by Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times. 

Tim Cook, and whoever else he has working for him, would make really good Ambassadors, or Secretary of State.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,338member
    netrox said:
    Love how delusional the right wing people are when it comes to "private companies care about forests." They don't. It's too expensive to clean up their mess they leave behind. Governments are ALWAYS needed to enforce their environmental responsibilities.
    They also forget that the EPA was formed/created under the Nixon administration….. Crickets.
    edited October 2023