Rumor: Delayed Kanye West album could debut on Apple's streaming music service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member

IMO, the only problem with the free U2 album was the fact that you couldn't simply swipe it away on your phone.   I really think people over-reacted to getting a free album from a major band, whether one liked the band or not.    Personally, after listening to it once, I decided I would never listen to it again and used the tool to delete it, but I was more bemused than angry about it.    From all the hate, you'd think that by pushing it to one's phone, they wiped out your other music.   What kind of world do we live in when you get attacked for even giving something away for free?  Personally, I think all the attacks were simply trolling.  

As for Kanye, I agree with the all the negative sentiments and would never want to receive any of his music, but I'm an old guy who hates most new music and who absolutely despises him as he seems to be one of the most, if not the most, obnoxious personalities I've ever seen.   He makes Miles Davis and Bob Dylan seem like Tom Hanks.     I couldn't even imagine what the hell he was doing on that Beatles anniversary special with Paul and Ringo.      But while he garners much hate, there's no doubt that he's a huge act and while I personally wouldn't want to see Apple associate with him, from a strictly music business perspective I would have to grudgingly admit that it's probably the right thing to do.   The fact is that most of the music that sells today is garbage (IMO, of course) and Kanye's garbage is probably no worse than anyone else's garbage and while I hate to admit it, he's a big star who still sells a ton of records.   

• Reply 22 of 27
    Delaying it forever would be a boon to civilization.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Kanye West is a huge douchebag.

Believe it or not, I'm not going to get too specific here, but many years ago, before Kanye West was well known, I turned him down for something, because I wasn't interested in working with him, because I didn't like his music.:smokey: 

• Reply 24 of 27
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Just don't push me a copy.

Yep - who the effk cares about "Kanye" West? 

• Reply 25 of 27
    jakebjakeb Posts: 563member
    Honestly, Kanye would be the perfect artist for this and it shows the involvement of the Beats team.
    Kanye is somebody who makes people feel something, whether they love him or hate him (but is generally respected for his music, aside from his polarizing persona). U2 was so "safe" that not too many people have feelings about them one way or another. Safe isn't cool.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    I doubt believe this rumor, because Apples rumored service is said to be about music, and Kanye does not and never has made music.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You're still ranting and raving about this? 

And no, Apple didn't "obviously agree" that it was a "dumb" move simply because they offered a removal tool. It was simply a response to placate the sensationalized bitching and whining, that was less from actual Apple users, and move from people desperate to have an opportunity to bash Apple, and tech blogs desperate for hits. The fact that you see it as "evidence" of a wrong move is pretty hilarious. Is the fact that Apple responded to bendgate and invited media into its testing labs also evidence that they fucked up? No, it was for PR. 

Your irrational willingness to defend whatever Apple does is truly amazing - not even the most rabid (yet rational) Apple fans have defended that move; it was a mistake, plain and simple - just admit it.