Apple details workaround for iOS Messages bug, permanent fix coming soon

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Fucking amazing how much mainstream media play this has been getting, been splashed on my local news for the past 2 days with leads such as "DO YOU HAVE AN IPHONE? YOUR NEXT MESSAGE MIGHT BE YOUR LAST" and "MASSIVE IPHONE HACK, YOUR TEXTS ARE NOT SAFE". If I didn't know better I would have burned my phone. Unreal. 

Unless you have complete asshole "friends", who also happen to know about this very specific combination of symbols to send, I don't see how you would be affected by this. My contact list spans 800 people, and magically not a single one sent me this shit.

I was just about to post the same thing.  "Massive iPhone hack" was all the rage on local and national news.  "This text hacks your phone!"  "Crazy iPhone Bug Turns Off Your Phone!"

The above is the worst, but a close second are the MORONS who are posting things like "hahaha glad I have android."    I'm not sure why these infuriate me, but I think it's just the rank stupidity and ignorance.  Making it worse are the interviews between anchors and reporters standing in a studio, "answering questions" about the "fatal flaw."   Worse still is when they try to explain the root of the problem in layman's terms.  I heard them saying "you just have to not open the message" and "apparently it triggers a malicious bug."   Oh. My God.  PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO LIVE.  

• Reply 22 of 22
    Hello,

This is really an informative blog for all the beginners as well as app developers. As a massive company, you have to resolve these kind of issues as soon as possible and I am sure Apple is doing it.

I am an iOS app developer, I have tried most of the mobile app development platforms. I have developed more than 50 apps till today with the help of Phonegap, Telerik, Configure.IT etc. They are running successfully on app store.

As per my experience in this field, I recommend developers as well as beginners to use mobile app development platform like Configure.IT, because it provides automatic coding, app preview facility, direct API connect and a lot more features. These things save a lot more development time and provides fast and well designed app in much less time.

Read more: http://www.configure.it/features/mobile-app-configuration/