Samsung says '6>6' in new Galaxy S6 Edge ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    kevdrexkevdrex Posts: 13member
    [B]SEX>6[/B]

(pretty sure we can all agree on that)
  • Reply 22 of 42
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,898moderator
    Do the math: $18.2 billion > whatever profits Samsung earned in their biggest quarter ever.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    The edge is a gimmick. If you really want to see your phone screen. Don't place it screen down.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    I think Samsung lately has done a good job with there design. Still believe they need to add more of that hard industrial design element, to nailed the design %100 At least they not trying to copy apple %100 no more. they have to find there own swag/coolness It helps the industry. apple will work harder be more creative and I will be more amazed at apple products.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    ljc94512ljc94512 Posts: 54member

Samsung: If you do the math, 6 is greater than 6

Apple: I 'agree'

You know what I mean;)

• Reply 26 of 42
    mercifullmercifull Posts: 17member

You know what other phone doesn't have an edge screen?... The Samsung Galaxy S6.

• Reply 27 of 42
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercifull View Post

You know what other phone doesn't have an edge screen?... The Samsung Galaxy S6.

Great phone I own it.

• Reply 28 of 42
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,810member

The only feature on that list which really appeals to me is the front facing camera. Yeah..I know the MP war is over and I'm perfectly happy with the rear camera. But by 2015 I had hoped Apple would have bumped the front camera beyond 1.2MP by now because only 1.2 MP really does make a difference. If you don't take selfies then no big deal, but I do and I wish the images were higher resolution and offered a wider angle. I would have thought 3MP by now at least. 

All the other "features" mean nothing to me. Like the other guy said how is it wireless when the charger has wires and you have to leave it on the station which is no more convenient than just plugging it in.  The edge screen is also gimmicky. I will give Samsung credit for doing a better job with the S6 than they did with their S5. They answered a lot of complaints and stepped up their game. But 6 is greater than 6 and it's still the iPhone not the Galaxy. They closed the gap but still have a long way to go. 

• Reply 29 of 42
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Wireless charging is the dumbest business move. cost of wireless charger reduces the profit margins. Tell me how a wireless charger is more advanced than plugging: bulkier, longer to charge, cost more to make and not really portability friendly. People think wireless charging is cool, I see it nothing more than gimmick. This is how Samsung do: spending resources to make useless features just like Air View or Smart scroll before.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Wireless charging is the dumbest business move. cost of wireless charger reduces the profit margins. Tell me how a wireless charger is more advanced than plugging: bulkier, longer to charge, cost more to make and not really portability friendly. People think wireless charging is cool, I see it nothing more than gimmick. This is how Samsung do: spending resources to make useless features just like Air View or Smart scroll before.

I disagree. For a while I used a Powermat wireless charging battery case with my iPhone 5, and I loved the concept. It's incredibly convenient to be able to just plop down your phone and have it charge, even if it's at a slower rate than it would when plugged in. Mind you, with the super fragile and non-reversible microUSB connector found on Android phones, it's even more of an advantage not having to plug in, but even on my iPhone I appreciated not having to deal with cables. It's definitely a feature I'd be delighted to have on my iPhone again.

• Reply 31 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

I disagree. For a while I used a Powermat wireless charging battery case with my iPhone 5, and I loved the concept. It's incredibly convenient to be able to just plop down your phone and have it charge, even if it's at a slower rate than it would when plugged in. Mind you, with the super fragile and non-reversible microUSB connector found on Android phones, it's even more of an advantage not having to plug in, but even on my iPhone I appreciated not having to deal with cables. It's definitely a feature I'd be delighted to have on my iPhone again.

What is the advantage of your power mat over the something like docking station? Still, what you like doesn't mean anything in term of usability/cost factor for manufacturer. Like I said: cost of production, bulky, not portability friendly and charge time are things to sacrifice. Apple don't do: convenience to compromise usability and benefit of the device. That's what I like about them. The only time when I prefer wireless charging is when the plate is not bigger than current charger and no sacrifice for time.

• Reply 32 of 42
    mac_dog wrote: »
    it's not really flexible, is it. it's just spin. it's what samsung does. try doing a bendgate on that and it would shatter.

move along, nothing to see here. i don't know if i'm more annoyed with samsung or ai for posting this. but it hardly seems worth any more than the 2 minutes i've spent so far. wake me when there is something worthwhile that samsung does.

One has already been done vs the iPhone they both bent under 140 pounds but the galaxy shattered as well we're as the iPhone didn't shatter till 180 pounds so apple was right about more resistance to shattering
  • Reply 33 of 42
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Same here. Fck Samsung. No Samsung product in my family: no TV, DVD/BlueRay Players or not even a damn security camera. I was looking at home automation system last month and really liked Smart Things. But after found down that it's owned by Samsung, I said Fck it. I'll wait for something from Apple's HomeKit products. 

That's a little extreme.  Samsung as a company makes some great stuff, especially televisions.  It's their mobile division that's a joke. 

• Reply 34 of 42
    shaminoshamino Posts: 536member

The "6>6" slogan reminds me of one from the 90's during the UNIX marketing wars.

BSD had advertising posters featuring their daemon and a caption of "4.3 > 5.4", meaning "BSD version 4.3 is better than AT&T System V r4".  I still have one of these posters hanging in my office.

• Reply 35 of 42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie Isaacks View Post

Samsung can suck it. I wouldn't buy their crapware. Ever. I won't buy anything with their logo on it. I don't reward thieves.

Perhaps, a bit inelegant, but I second the main thrust of your sentiment.

Best.

• Reply 36 of 42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's a little extreme.  Samsung as a company makes some great stuff, especially televisions.  It's their mobile division that's a joke. 

You meant including those features that listen to users without them knowing? No, thanks. Samsung is no longer preferred TV maker based on feature/price. They used to be cheap, but not anymore. LG is beating Samsung in TV segment now.

• Reply 37 of 42
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

You meant including those features that listen to users without them knowing? No, thanks. Samsung is no longer preferred TV maker based on feature/price. They used to be cheap, but not anymore. LG is beating Samsung in TV segment now.

It depends on what you mean by "beating."  In domestic sales, Samsung has more than double the market share compared to LG (26 percent to 11 percent).  Globally, it's close to double (20%-12%).   I don't recall a time where Samsung TV's ever being "cheap."  They've been higher priced since flat panels became mainstream.   I'm not a cheerleader, mind you.  I think the only thing by Samsung I own is a blu-ray player from like 4 years ago.  I have a 9 year old Panasonic plasma (still hanging in there, somehow) and a lower-priced Toshiba in my man cave (an environment where I definitely don't want a decent TV).   

I haven't shopped in a while, but when I do look at TV's in person, I've never been a fan of LG.  But I hear they have made great strides.  I'm sure I'll be in the market not too long from now, as 10 years is going to be about it for a plasma, I think.  

• Reply 38 of 42
    Just looks like Samsung is getting allot of their ideas from Apple's pending patents and beating them to market then of course will point at Apple for stealing 'their' ideas. Such as the laughable Samsung ad saying Apple copied their larger screen design.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    arlorarlor Posts: 533member

You can always tell who's winning in a market by the ads. 

Companies whose ads don't mention competitors: Apple, McDonalds, Coke

Companies whose ads do mention competitors: Samsung, Burger King, Pepsi

• Reply 40 of 42
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"When you do the math it's clear, six is greater than six."

Next Samsung will be claiming the Galaxy hit a hole in one on 14 out of 18 holes the first time it played golf.