HTC uses photos taken on an iPhone to show off its new 24K-gold One M9

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jbdragon wrote: »
    It would have been 10000 times better just to use a DSLR then a iPhone of all camera's!!!!  I mean WOW!!! The iPhone must have a really good camera for a Advertiser doing a Ad campaign to just to use a iPhone from all the other many choices out there.  It really is pretty funny.

Have you seen the "Shot on an iPhone" campaign? No need for an expensive DSLR when you have an iPhone 6.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    napmannapman Posts: 25member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

Actually there is nothing wrong with that.

HTC is trying to show the slick gold body of their phone and the iPhone takes great pictures, so...

Plus they are getting free publicity for the phone on various sites including here.

It actually smart on their part because they just want you to know that their phone exists.

But they are implying that their own cameras are not good enough.

• Reply 23 of 29
    Apple should post these on their "Shot on iPhone" advertising campaign! Hahaha! Priceless!

This reminds me the fail a guy was trying to sell a chrome teapot on eBay and took the teapot photos in the nude. If only the HTC photographer had done that he could have had the first DOUBLE-fail.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    I was in New York recently and some one asked me to take photos for them using their Galaxy s5, being used to my ip6 I thought the camera would be similar! Well I couldn't belive how much lag there is between pressing the shutter icon and the photo actually took. I mean it was glacial, I'm mean is this really true is the s5 really that bad? For me it just validated how great the camera on the iPhone is! No wonder the s5 had terrible sales.

After doing a bit of research it appears that it's not just its only problem

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/05/how-to-fix-freezing-lag-slow-performance-problems-on-samsung-galaxy-s5-part-1-107191
  • Reply 25 of 29
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    pistis wrote: »
    I was in New York recently and some one asked me to take photos for them using their Galaxy s5, being used to my ip6 I thought the camera would be similar! Well I couldn't belive how much lag there is between pressing the shutter icon and the photo actually took. I mean it was glacial, I'm mean is this really true is the s5 really that bad? For me it just validated how great the camera on the iPhone is! No wonder the s5 had terrible sales.

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/05/how-to-fix-freezing-lag-slow-performance-problems-on-samsung-galaxy-s5-part-1-107191

It's not the camera that's bad but the software that runs it.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Why did they use a smartphone in the first place instead of a professional camera and the appropriate setup? Are they that cheap?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    ralphmouth wrote: »
    The iPhone 6 clearly has the best camera on a smart phone so can't argue with HTC's marketing team.
    True there, they seem to be to simple on there cameras.
    maestro64 wrote: »
    I just love these ooops. But keep in mind this is most likely an ad company who is doing this for HTC, not an HTC employee.

However, you would expect that if HTC is contracting someone to do work for them they would require them to use their products.

Grant it you would never see any apple product that Apple is promoting would use a competing product to market it to the public. Apple would not allow it.
    Or better yet, require not to use phone cameras.
    HTC's camera images are terrible because they use terrible processing software, so an iPhone (or Nokia) was the only real alternative.
    Or real camera...

Right, uploading to Twitter from a gigantic dinosaur is just easy peasy. :rolleyes:
    It's a professional company isn't it?
    Actually there is nothing wrong with that.

HTC is trying to show the slick gold body of their phone and the iPhone takes great pictures, so...
    Plus they are getting free publicity for the phone on various sites including here.

It actually smart on their part because they just want you to know that their phone exists.
    Good point, would have known other wise.
    Apple should post these on their "Shot on iPhone" advertising campaign! Hahaha! Priceless!
    Good one.
    voan wrote: »
    You know, there's an APP to remove the reflections…
    The point is it's shiny enough to see.
    jbdragon wrote: »
    It would have been 10000 times better just to use a DSLR then a iPhone of all camera's!!!!  I mean WOW!!! The iPhone must have a really good camera for a Advertiser doing a Ad campaign to just to use a iPhone from all the other many choices out there.  It really is pretty funny.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    pistis wrote: »

So true, I can tell you that.
    Why did they use a smartphone in the first place instead of a professional camera and the appropriate setup? Are they that cheap?
    Guess they where in a rush.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

Right, uploading to Twitter from a gigantic dinosaur is just easy peasy. :rolleyes:

Oh geez if you're working for a multi thousand dollar company and up, There's no excuse to NOT be photographing and editing on good equipment.

NO IT'S NOT HARD AT ALL and it's far from a dinosaur. By that logic, iPhone's camera is prehistoric.
  • Reply 29 of 29

this is another proof that iPhone is the best, using iPhone to take photos of a new Android smartphone