Apple reveals watchOS 2: 3rd-party complications, nightstand mode, native apps, more

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    I'm at 50-60% when i charge it before bed. whats the problem?

The only thing i do miss is being able to look at my watch on my wriste in the middle of night to know what time it is. Other than that I had no issue the watch is on my wrist at 6AM and off at 11PM and 50% power, one time did fall asleep with it on and woke up at 4:30 and realize I had it on with 30% power and popped it on the charger and at 6AM it was at 100%.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

Nothing to see here folks. Android wear watches already have all these features /s

• Reply 23 of 33
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    except battery life.

Spoken like someone who doesn't own one. Have yet to go below 40%. And that's with the 38mm I bought by mistake. The 42mm I have on order to correct my boneheaded mistake has more battery capacity still.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    My iPhone lasts 2 full days which my watch only goes to around 24-26 hrs. I just wish Apple improves WatchOS to boost 25% more battery and that will make my day.

It's not the OS but physics. Battery tech sucks. It's not a big deal to charge the watch each night. Just like it's not a big deal to charge my phone either - as soon as I get home it goes in the dock right next to the basket my keys and wallet go into where it stays until the next day. It pair with my cordless phone in my home and for everything else I would do on my phone while out and about I have computers or my iPad it now my Apple watch. Best Apple TV remote ever - impossible to loose and always there ready to go! I'm back to liking my Apple TV again.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Do you have anything to add to this forum since...JAN 2015? utter idiot. You can kiss my left nut. BTW, I blocked you since I don't talk to idiot.

reported
  • Reply 26 of 33
    satchmo wrote: »
    As hard as he tried, there was nothing Lynch said that made me want to go out and get an Apple Watch.
    Perhaps the ability to run native apps will yield a killer application...but personally the watch is still convenience over need/want. 

if you're in the market for a Fitbit, then you're in the market for an AW. that's the killer app for us - activity tracking. notifications and third party apps are icing on the cake. Apple pay too. oh and wireless iPod. so quite a lot, actually.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    maestro64 wrote: »
    The only thing i do miss is being able to look at my watch on my wriste in the middle of night to know what time it is. Other than that I had no issue the watch is on my wrist at 6AM and off at 11PM and 50% power, one time did fall asleep with it on and woke up at 4:30 and realize I had it on with 30% power and popped it on the charger and at 6AM it was at 100%.

I'm not normally a watch wearer so haven't noticed that.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    I use 2 watches; don't see a new feature to simultaneously pair my Sport & Watch to one iPhone. If you're out skiing, biking & paddling all day, you'll drain the bejesus out of the battery. I like to track my pulse when I sleep (and know there's SDK sleep monitoring apps coming), so using 2 watches and swapping intraday is key.

I don't like prone paddling or mountain biking with a $700 watch anyway. The repair on Sport is cheaper, makes no sense why Apple doesn't have the feature to pair more than 1 wearable to your iPhone. I even asked the sales staff, they assured it was up to 3 watches simultaneously.

Watch OS 3?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    kovichkovich Posts: 43member

I still do not understand why they do not implement the most obvious "security feature". I fear physically losing my iPhone much more than I fear having my data on it compromised.  I think the watch should notify you whenever it is disconnected from the iPhone. This would prevent me leaving it behind somewhere.

Am very pleased with my Watch and can see a great future for it. Just don't understand why this simple feature is not currently part of its present or its future.

• Reply 30 of 33
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    6 weeks in and Watch OS 2 announced.

Apple is kicking a**!!
  • Reply 31 of 33
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    kovich wrote: »
    I still do not understand why they do not implement the most obvious "security feature". I fear physically losing my iPhone much more than I fear having my data on it compromised.  I think the watch should notify you whenever it is disconnected from the iPhone. This would prevent me leaving it behind somewhere.

Am very pleased with my Watch and can see a great future for it. Just don't understand why this simple feature is not currently part of its present or its future.

Awesome idea!!!
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Watch OS 2 is paving the way for the 2nd generation Watch. Allowing native apps means space and power will eventually become a concern. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new watch early next year that is faster and offers the choice of 8 or 16 GB of storage.