Inside iOS 9: Apple's QuickType keyboard gains quick cut, copy, paste & more on iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Does the iOS 9 for iPhone have the finger drag keyboard that allows you to type without lifting your finger up? Sorry for the non-tech savvy description image

And not a 3rd party app either. 

I think you mean "swiping" type keyboards like Swype or Swiftkey (or similar). I did not see anything like one of these included in iOS 9.

The ability to use 3rd party keyboards has been included since iOS 8--what's wrong with that?

• Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

When combined with the new multi-touch cursor gesture, Apple makes it easier than ever to select and move text with the iOS 9 keyboard...

I did not recall that there is now a two-finger gesture feature that turns the keyboard into a "trackpad." Just tried it, and it is super cool.

I really like the letters changing to upper/lower case too. I couldn't quite keep track of when the shift key lock was on or off.

The new keyboard is definitely better, IMO.

• Reply 23 of 23
    "Anybody else wish they could go back to the all-caps keyboard?"

No, with a hardware keyboard you can't change the letters on it to reflect the shift or option keys. On iPad this is a WYSIWYG feature. It is the advantage of software.