'Premium feel' will be focus of Apple's retail revamp beginning in July

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

Apple stores already exude a premium feel...but I think what they're after is a bit more warmth.

My take is that premium = wood = warmth.

Wood also conveys craftsmanship/artisans at work. Of course, done in a clean and minimalist manner.

I'm not sure I completely agree with Apple going even more upscale. It seems they want to be with the big players in the fashion industry. They may lose the masses if they appear too exclusive.

So what constitutes being too exclusive?

That would be someone at the door that denies entrance because you don't look "cool" enough. You can't be "exclusive" if you don't "exclude."

• Reply 42 of 44
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

That would be someone at the door that denies entrance because you don't look "cool" enough. You can't be "exclusive" if you don't "exclude."

But you can be someone who treats people differently depending on what you believe their net worth to be.

• Reply 43 of 44
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    rogifan wrote: »
    satchmo wrote: »
    Apple stores already exude a premium feel...but I think what they're after is a bit more warmth.
    My take is that premium = wood = warmth.

Wood also conveys craftsmanship/artisans at work. Of course, done in a clean and minimalist manner.

I'm not sure I completely agree with Apple going even more upscale. It seems they want to be with the big players in the fashion industry. They may lose the masses if they appear too exclusive.

So what constitutes being too exclusive?

Velvet ropes :lol:
  • Reply 44 of 44

I've always felt comfortable in Apple stores - love the clean minimal space - the interaction with Employees has always been a positive experience and being able to play with products is fun.

Knowing what I can afford and what I'm willing to spend sometimes do not mirror each other but Apple products are my only non essentials in life.

I'm sure the pictures of NY store don't do it justice, love the old building but not sure of the wood - being from the NW I've seen this 'type' of design in too many stores  that's why I love our Apple Store @University Village.

The new Apple store concept looks like the Microsoft store that opened in the Village right across from the Apple Store.  MS store - bad design.

What about a darker wood color - if the craftsmanship is well done.

Love the photos on the walls in the VIP room but that's all - the rest looks like some bad 'office' design  - again maybe the pics don't do it justice.

Yes, fashion types can be 'snobs' - happens even in the best of industries -  music, tech, and may other business depending on who your dealing with.