Apple Music marketing features artists whose labels publicly oppose Apple's terms & haven't signed o

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

Are all these artists and labels on Spotify? Do they get paid for the freely streamed music on Spotify or others? If they do, then I can understand their beef. If they aren't anyway paid for the free streaming, then I don't understand what they are trying to do here.

Having said that, I think Apple will earn a lot of goodwill from the artists if they pay during the 3 month trial period as well. Apple is trying to differentiate its service and I think paying artists in the free 3 month period can only be a good thing.

At the end of the day, there are 3 parties involved - the subscribers, the artists and Apple. All 3 of them have to be happy with this. The artists provide the content and the subscribers pay for the content. Apple should be the perfect medium to facilitate this.

• Reply 22 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Are all these artists and labels on Spotify? Do they get paid for the freely streamed music on Spotify or others? I
    Spotify still pays a little something to the rights holder even tho if was "free" for the listener.
  • Reply 23 of 24

@brlawyer "...another ominous sign of things to come under Cook's socially activist leadership.."

Oh, so *that's* what your beef is.

• Reply 24 of 24
    The middlemen want their cut. Fine. Talk to Jimmy.
    You mean Vinnie...and you best believe they want their beaks wet from all this....