First-gen iPad mini vanishes from Apple's store, leaving only Retina models

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    One thing not mentioned here is that the iPad Line is now fully 64 bit.   Think about it.

This is like the last PPC sold.  if this is like OS X, iOS 9 is all about 'housekeeping' and the next release will be a major release.

My guess is once the 5 and 5c is retired (this fall, along with the iPad 4), all wood will be behind 64 bit apps.   Written in Swift 2.x.

And this time next year, iOS X will be 64 bit only (at least fully optimized, and the 32 bit will be feature deprived).

When you see a 5s as the $0.99 iPhone, a 6 at $99, and a 6Plus at $199,  and a $399 iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3 ($499) and Air 3Plus ($699?), The current retina iPad mini 3 with touchID seems to fall in at the $299 price point, leaving room for a newer one (A8).

I would love to see 32GB across the line for everything but the bottom rung (5s, Air2), but that's dreaming.  Apple wants to sell cloud storage, and 16GB is the lever for that.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    I siad it before, apple is going completely 64 bits on/with the (new) iPads... And ultimately with the phones.

and the iPad air will be the "base" model. (Or because i have an iPad air... The "forever" model)