Best Buy begins taking Pebble Time preorders in retail push against Apple Watch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Without getting into build quality or styling.

the Pebble isn't a bad watch at all, i used to have a pebble steel, sold it when i got an Apple watch.

I see pebble being mainly a compeditor to the android wear devices.

if you were an android user, what smart watch would you choose? saying you wouldnt use android doesnt count :p its like the what if game.

• Reply 22 of 24

Maybe this smartwatch is great, but it looks like a joke, an ugly joke...and it will be on your wrist whole day, every day. What a nightmare...

• Reply 23 of 24
    roxtar40roxtar40 Posts: 19member

I had the original Pebble for the last two years and loved it. I was also an early backer for the Pebble Time. Delays, microphone non-usable with iOS, etc. I became disenchanted and bought an Apple Watch last week. When my early-bird Time finally arrived, I sold it on eBay for a nice profit to be able to cover most of my Apple Watch and have no regrets.

The Time's look can be polarizing, but the watch does a good job for what it is. I really liked the ability to run stand-alone apps on it. Yes, it needed the phone for internet connectivity, but it did not need a companion app for many things. I believe this will come for Apple Watch. I also believe they'll eventually have watch faces for d/l from the App Store. I liked being able to change my watch faces to suit my mood or an occasion.