Rising number of T-Mobile iPhones hit with 'blue screen of death' reboots

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member

I have T-mobile and haven't had this issue.  What I do have a issue with is WiFi Calling!!!!  I'm right now 2 feet from a router on Wifi, and yet Wifi is now showing up on the top of my phone for Wifi calling!!!!  In fact I haven't seen it in a while now.  It just stops working.  I've had to call T-mobile in the past for this issue to get it fixed.  Maybe that's a good thing right now with the blue screen issue?!?!?!  It's been great at work getting a nice clean call inside this brick building.   It's poor with everyone else also.    Maybe I should be in a rush to get it working , yet on the other hand I really need it working.  

• Reply 22 of 30
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

The question is why it is blue. I'd think that the Apple engineers would realize the bad ju-ju that a blue screen gives image

I had a Mac that was crashing on boot to a perfect BSOD. It was running SL. Was an iMac which had been running 24/7 for 8+ years. I decided to format and reinstall so I could give it away clean. Installation was normal but when it booted up to the welcome animation, it would get about 10 seconds in and crash to a BSOD, the exact shade of blue that Windows had. Never did get it to work after several reinstalls. Finally tossed it.

• Reply 23 of 30
    woochiferwoochifer Posts: 385member

On T-Mobile as well, and I have not seen any BSOD or random restart issues. In fact, since updating my 5s to iOS 8 last September, I've had only one respring occurrence.

The carrier update will always ask if you want to install the update. The current carrier version for T-Mobile is 19.1, and that has not changed since at least iOS 8.2 (if not 8.1.x).

I do occasionally see the wi-fi calling disappear, but that's not very often. I can usually re-enable it by toggling the Airplane Mode.

• Reply 24 of 30
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Caccamucca View Post

FIXED

I was hit with the same bug. First, I performed few hard resets, this did not help. I then reset my network setting thinking that might fix the issue, nope. I then deleted one of the games I had and re-downloaded from the cloud and problem solved.

Have not experienced any more BSOD.

“One" of the games?

Thanks for the fix!

/s

:rolleyes:

• Reply 25 of 30
    mnbob1mnbob1 Posts: 269member
    It's happening on AT&T too. I already had my iPhone 6 plus replaced once but the replacement reboots itself as well. It must be an issue with the GSM version of the phone.
  • Reply 26 of 30

I've had it happen with my iPhone 6 Plus twice now, once with it just sitting on my desk with me doing nothing with it at the time.  I hope a carrier settings update comes soon to correct this issue.  Seems T-Mobile overlooked something with their last carrier settings update and now we're dealing with this.  

• Reply 27 of 30
    I am an AT&T customer and I got the blue screen on 6/25 and 6/27 a couple of times while in Columbia, SC. When I am in rural SC I don't have a problem.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Blue screen will not be an issue anymore now. There are few ways by which you can solve this problem.
    For more info, you can go to http://www.theverdict.in/news/blue-screen-of-death-for-t-mobile-iphone-users/
  • Reply 29 of 30
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    It's definitely not carrier specific. I have experienced this issue on an unlocked 6 purchased directly from Apple. I suddenly started getting a blue screen before crashing and also an all red screen before half the pixels faded out slowly before crashing. Eventually my phone bricked and stopped responding when I plugged in my charger. Apple replaced it.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

The question is why it is blue. I'd think that the Apple engineers would realize the bad ju-ju that a blue screen gives image

It's literally just the blue pixel subunits on with no text. I've also seen all red subpixel units on before a crash.