New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this ye

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    analogjack wrote: »
    Do you suffer from DT's or something? I never even knew that shake thing existed till now, just tested it and it's not really a shake so much as an accelerated stop. I can't see how you can do that accidentally.

I do it all the time. When I do a very light toss of my iPad down onto the bed, it activates. Drives me nuts. That feature should have been optional from day one.
  • Reply 42 of 74
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Doesn't the Q stand for queer? Or is that another word that only people it applies to are allowed to say? :rolleyes:

Are you that fucking obtuse, that you can't realize or acknowledge that his context was extremely negative and homophobic? No, of course not, you're just pretending to be because you're ok with that. I'm amazed how many bigots there are on this forum, considering the kind of company Apple is. One would hope that people like you would have written Apple off a long time ago.
  • Reply 43 of 74
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

That's it?  WTF?

And nothing at all on the iTunes Match URL:  http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Even the people on Twitter that Eddy responds are confused: 

More fun in the comments for iMore's "Apple Music FAQ":  http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

Look here and then see if this clears it up for you: http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

If not call someone who gives a shit DB.

• Reply 44 of 74
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    Screw all of the haters.
    I'm amped about the new service!

I wonder what the very first song on Beats 1 will be...
    Personally I would like to see Come Together by Primal Scream. Something anthematic...
  • Reply 45 of 74
    slurpy wrote: »
    I'm amazed how many bigots there are on this forum, considering the kind of company Apple is. One would hope that people like you would have written Apple off a long time ago.

http://adam4d.com/whos-the-bigot/
  • Reply 46 of 74
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Quote:

That's it?  WTF?

And nothing at all on the iTunes Match URL:  http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Even the people on Twitter that Eddy responds are confused: 

More fun in the comments for iMore's "Apple Music FAQ":  http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

Look here and then see if this clears it up for you: http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

If not call someone who gives a shit DB.

You do realize that nothing on that page spells out how Apple Music will or won't work for those people who already have iTunes Match?

• Reply 47 of 74
    Ugh. This is why SolipsismY stays away.
  • Reply 48 of 74
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

You do realize that nothing on that page spells out how Apple Music will or won't work for those people who already have iTunes Match?

It says that iTunes Match is independent of apple music in other words if you don't have a subscription service you can pay the fee for iTunes Match. Do you have iTunes Match? Did Apple contact you & tell you it has been cancelled.

THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE (MEMBERSHIP):

What happens to my iTunes library?

Your iTunes library is still yours. You can access your entire collection from Apple Music or the iTunes app on Mac or PC.

How does Apple Music know what songs are in my personal library?

With an Apple Music membership, your entire library lives in iCloud. We compare every track in your collection to the Apple Music library to see if we have a copy. If we do, you can automatically listen to it straight from the cloud. If you have music that’s not in our catalog, we upload those songs from iTunes on your Mac or PC. It’s all in iCloud, so it won’t take up any space on your devices.

NON-SUBSCRIPTION (NON-MEMBERSHIP):

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?

Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

Learn more about iTunes Match

So if you're an iTunes Match subscriber and you're planning on becoming an Apple Music subscriber, you can cancel your iTunes Match subscription on June 30 when the streaming service goes live — since all of your non-iTunes-purchased songs will be uploaded to iCloud anyway.

If you're you're not interested in Apple Music and its streaming functions, and want to stick with just storing songs in iCloud and downloading them for local listening, iTunes Match will still be around.

• Reply 49 of 74
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple to buzzfeed news: "we're working together to make #AppleMusic available on Sonos before the end of the year."

-- John Paczkowski (@JohnPaczkowski)

Separately, a representative from Sonos told BuzzFeed this morning that "we're working together to make Apple Music available on Sonos before the end of the year."

Basically Sonos will have the service simultaneously with the arrival of the new Sonos-killer speakers from Beats.

• Reply 50 of 74
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    jbdragon wrote: »
    Well coming from XM/SiriusXM Radio until canceling about 6 months ago, they have a lot of different content.  The biggest problem was the App was/is such complete crap!!!  I'm trying to find a way that me to makes it worth $10 a month.  I don't play a lot of music like I did when I was younger and being there isn't some cheaper option, it's either $10 or nothing and right now for me, it'll have to be nothing!!!

Beats1 is being made out to be something special, and really it's just FM radio!!!  Where's the WOW in that?  Really it's the same thing as everyone else.  At least Spotify is trying something with Blogs to stand out a little more, but really, Apple Music is nothing more then Spotify with FM Radio features.  I don't see the big wow factor at all.

You should add a few exclamation marks to your post, I dont think there's quite enough. Also, it's $10, not $50. Stop making it sound like it's breaking the bank, it's the cost of a sandwich. There's a limit to how much of a cheapskate one can be. Considering what here offering, $10 is extremely competitive. $5 is ridiculous. If that extra $5 makes al he difference to you, to the extent of all that bitching and whining, then Maybe you should forego a mobile plan and other things until you figure out how to actually make some money. That would make more sense than demanding that everything be free.
  • Reply 51 of 74
    drfwdrfw Posts: 13member
    Any sub services that offers what Apple Music does is $10- and they lose $- no doubt Apple tried to negotiate a lower price.

That said re: talk/comedy-- it sounds like you want Sirius XM rolled into Apple music? Sirius XM alone was 5 or more as an add on,and the basic sub 10+ a month.
    jbdragon wrote: »
    Well I know I won't be signing up to the service!!! It's not worth $10 a month. Let there be a $5 a month plan and is sign up to that. Have some limitations at that price like number of hours per month. Whatever!! I don't listen to music enough to justify the current price. If there's was a bunch of talk channels and comedy channels, etc, then I'd go for it at $10.
  • Reply 52 of 74
    I think-- and hope, even pray, some people are intentionally acting ignorant here- for some sort of shock value or to rile emotions? In case it wasn't, the release date of June 30 was mentioned far before when we knew when the Supreme Court would reach their ruling-- sigh.
    moreck wrote: »
    Just to clarify: You're suggesting that Apple delayed rolling out a major iOS update/ new music service because Tim Cook released a statement about equal rights?

Yeah, it doesn't sound any smarter when I type it, either.
  • Reply 53 of 74
    It will give them streaming of not just the music they own/bought in the past but also all music again in Apple Music
    john.b wrote: »
  • Reply 54 of 74
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Glad to hear that there will probably be Sonos support later this year. Happy to jump ship from Spotify as soon as that happens!

• Reply 55 of 74
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member

So... Beats 1 really is the same as BBC Radio 1, isn't it? 

So, when will Apple come up with their own TV channel (will that be a copy of HBO)?

• Reply 56 of 74
    mac'em xmac'em x Posts: 109member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sestewart View Post

Apple should have released this last week instead of pandering to the queers. 

"Welcome to Beats 1 radio! Our first caller is one of last week's bitter chumps from the wrong side of history, trolling in a dedication request – to himself – from his basement wank station."

"Here's your song, sestewart: 'Lonesome Loser' by the Little River Band. Enjoy!"

(Sounds to me like Apple Music's going to do just fine.)

• Reply 57 of 74
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 58 of 74
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

I remember the first day of iTunes Radio. The sound quality was so bad compared to today. Prepare yourself for things like this.

• Reply 59 of 74
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I remember the first day of iTunes Radio. The sound quality was so bad compared to today. Prepare yourself for things like this.

Apple Music is built on the infrastructures of and what was learned with iTunes Radio and Beats Music, so no.

• Reply 60 of 74
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

So if you're an iTunes Match subscriber and you're planning on becoming an Apple Music subscriber, you can cancel your iTunes Match subscription on June 30 when the streaming service goes live — since all of your non-iTunes-purchased songs will be uploaded to iCloud anyway.

If you're you're not interested in Apple Music and its streaming functions, and want to stick with just storing songs in iCloud and downloading them for local listening, iTunes Match will still be around.

I don't have iTunes Match (and don't want it), but I want Apple Music. Does a subscription to Apple Music automatically upload my music to the cloud but leave my music files on my Mac untouched? This part isn't clear to me.