Apple Music service goes live with redesigned app, out now in iOS 8.4

124»

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 72
    wonkothesanewonkothesane Posts: 1,634member
    sorry. Double post.
  • Reply 62 of 72
    wonkothesanewonkothesane Posts: 1,634member
    Hm. Most stations give an error "unable to start station". Also, creating a station from a song doesn't work and the same error is reported. Anyone else seeing this?
  • Reply 63 of 72
    darkpawdarkpaw Posts: 212member

    It's now in Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library. When you go to turn it off, it brings up an action sheet saying, "This will remove all iTunes Match songs from this device, except for songs you've downloaded" so it's probably just been renamed and they didn't tell anyone.

  • Reply 64 of 72
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I have a few issues. Downloading 8.4 to my iPhone and then my iPad ok but for both when I stared music the software stopped on the music opening screen. This was overcome by closing music and reloading; then music loaded fine.

    Tried to get Beats1 on my iPhone in the car. Software said I was not connected to the internet but this was wrong. I had a strong 4G signal that could download various web sites very quick over the 4G. It is really missing out if you can't receive Beats1 Radio over a phone network.
  • Reply 65 of 72
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yuck9 View Post

     

    Total Fail on Apple. Updated to the new iTunes but beats still tells me to update iTunes.

    Skip it. Not worth my time.

     

    Update's on mac worked. All 4 of them. 




    Nice to see the trolls coming out for the launch...

     

    I can also see the feeling of entitlement and zero patience is strong with you...

  • Reply 66 of 72
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Head over to 9to5mac for instructions on how to do that.

    No way to do it with Spotify.
  • Reply 67 of 72
    Question: Will this streaming service replace the buy-and-download song model?

    Question II: Has anyone, so far, seen any issues with iOS 8.4? I don't want to rush installing it before I know there isn't a problem.

    Thanks.

    M.


    Update: I installed iOS 8.4, and I'm a little miffed because Apple keeps changing album names and covers, for songs that I KNOW belong on the original album it debut on. :mad:

    And the follow or not following button in the app is bloody irritating. I don't follow any of the artists in my list prior to the update, and now there's a bunch of them with the follow button enabled. :mad: :mad: :mad:

    Update 2: now the follow button disappears. It'll briefly show up when I switch artists, but then disappears. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

    Seems like these little f$&k ups are increasing since Jobs passed away. Because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let things like this out the door.
  • Reply 68 of 72
    jd mbajd mba Posts: 38member

    Apple needs to put some $$$ and hire competent people who can improve the damn UI.

  • Reply 69 of 72
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    dachar wrote: »
    I have a few issues. Downloading 8.4 to my iPhone and then my iPad ok but for both when I stared music the software stopped on the music opening screen. This was overcome by closing music and reloading; then music loaded fine.

    Tried to get Beats1 on my iPhone in the car. Software said I was not connected to the internet but this was wrong. I had a strong 4G signal that could download various web sites very quick over the 4G. It is really missing out if you can't receive Beats1 Radio over a phone network.

    Check that you have allowed Music to access the cellular network. Go to settings > Cellular > Music and turn it on.
  • Reply 70 of 72
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,674member
    rogifan wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Head over to 9to5mac for instructions on how to do that.

    No way to do it with Spotify.

    That's not what their article says:

    "How-To: Move your playlists from Spotify, Rdio, and more to Apple Music"

    http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/29/how-to-move-spotify-rdio-playlists-apple-music/
  • Reply 71 of 72
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,007member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mike022465 View Post



    Question II: Has anyone, so far, seen any issues with iOS 8.4? I don't want to rush installing it before I know there isn't a problem.

     

    My iPhone 6 has been having problems connecting to the Internet over the cellular network since I installed the update--Mail can't always check for new mail, and Maps can't always access the Internet, but Google Maps works fine (or did the one time I used it, anyway). I turned the phone off and then on again, and now it seems to be working. Hopefully that was all it needed and it will now continue to work. 

  • Reply 72 of 72
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Retrogusto View Post

     

    My iPhone 6 has been having problems connecting to the Internet over the cellular network since I installed the update--Mail can't always check for new mail, and Maps can't always access the Internet, but Google Maps works fine (or did the one time I used it, anyway). I turned the phone off and then on again, and now it seems to be working. Hopefully that was all it needed and it will now continue to work. 




    When installing a new operating system a full shutdown and start seems to always be the prudent step. Even though they go through a restart cycle at the end of the installation.

Sign In or Register to comment.