How to hide the Apple Music subscription service & get back Playlists parent menu in iOS 8.4

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Not what I expected. Will take some time to adjust to
    Miss the 'song' tab on the bottom liost hundreds of ripped songs. So far not a big fan
  • Reply 22 of 28
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Not what I expected. Will take some time to adjust to

Miss the 'song' tab on the bottom liost hundreds of ripped songs. So far not a big fan

Did you check your song count? They might not be lost (certainly none of mine were and they vastly outnumbered my digital buys) but simply listed in some other tab? There's still a "song" tab, they just moved it into the groupings list alongside artists, albums, songs, Music videos, genres, Composers and compilations.

• Reply 23 of 28
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tashencrabbie View Post

ALL of my ripped music, ALL of my playlists... Music app does not see them. They're still on my iPad Air per Settings->General->Usage as music library is right size (approximately 18 GB). All of above suggested resolutions except desktop sync tried and failed. Same issues with ripped TV and movies. This is real, huge fail, beyond deal breaker for some of us. Apple Music? Could care less about. If I like music I purchase, preferably on physical medium.

Turn off the Apple Music option in settings in iOS 8.4, under the Music setting.

• Reply 24 of 28
    Already tried that: Settings->Music->Apple Music->Show Apple Music toggle does NOTHING to show my missing GBs of music. I even tried the ole Microsoft Solution, power off then back on. No change... Except that under Settings->General->Usage->Manage Storage, the "Music" category does not list AT ALL now. As I insisted before, this is a bug, not unfamiliarity or toggle switches. In a week when I can get back to my Mac I will try some of the above iTunes remedies; until then it appears my iPhone 5s is gonna stay on 8.3 'cause my iPad Air is hosed. Here's to a quick 8.4.1 rollout!!!
  • Reply 25 of 28

I agree with all of your findings.  I have an iPhone 4s.  Hope they issue a fix soon.

• Reply 26 of 28
    does anybody has a solution about how to get our music back after that stupid Music update ?? pls help guys..i m sooooooo freaking frustrated..
  • Reply 27 of 28
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tashencrabbie View Post

Already tried that: Settings->Music->Apple Music->Show Apple Music toggle does NOTHING to show my missing GBs of music. I even tried the ole Microsoft Solution, power off then back on. No change... Except that under Settings->General->Usage->Manage Storage, the "Music" category does not list AT ALL now. As I insisted before, this is a bug, not unfamiliarity or toggle switches. In a week when I can get back to my Mac I will try some of the above iTunes remedies; until then it appears my iPhone 5s is gonna stay on 8.3 'cause my iPad Air is hosed. Here's to a quick 8.4.1 rollout!!!

With that "get back" phrase what I'd also suggest is do NOT do another over the air upgrade of a major system like the OS. Especially perhaps with a couple of years old model device where there's often compromises and misfits.

• Reply 28 of 28
    Had I been at home I might have migrated via iTunes... and potentially been in much worse shape:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/07/01/apple-music-users-complain-icloud-music-library-deletes-renames-itunes-content

Corruption of 20gb of music stored on my iPad Air is bad. Upgrading iTunes to 12.2 and having 20gb of music corrupted there is worse. Yes I'm all backed up to external storage; just don't wanna have to learn Time Machine for the sake of a nerfed point release