How to remove Connect from Apple Music in iOS 8.4

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    esaruohoesaruoho Posts: 61member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

There is a quite positive article in one of the biggest german newspapers:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/streamingdienst-apple-music-startet-holprig-kann-aber-ueberzeugen-1.2547556

MacApfel I was referring to what Slurpy said about Connect being a healthy platform already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I predict Connect is going to be a very healthy platform. There's already posts with 15K favorites and 2K comments, not bad for a social network that has JUST launched on a limited set of devices.

Where are there 15K favorites and 2K comments - can you provide some links? The ones I've seen so far have been v. silent.

• Reply 22 of 32
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    What a much simpler interface with Apple Music and Connect turned off.

Because then you basically just have an app that just plays music from your library. Perhaps Apple should have split the two but then you get people howling about another app on their iPhone that they can't delete.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Actually I think Apple Music is going to do exceptionally well. Beats 1 is already taking the world by storm.

Apple really needs to simplify the UX with this app. The amount of choice is overwhelming. Clearly when designing this app they didn't think about a thousand noes for every yes.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    People made fun of Beats 1 being "old world", but there's no rule that says that just because it's streaming audio, no humans can be involved. Just because it's not being broadcast from a tower, why should that stop people from creating curated programming? The radio format can be a great medium on it's own if done well -- and they're doing it really well.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member
    Connect is awful. Awfull, I dare say, with it's Ping like features. And buggy as hell. I have it on an iPad Air, all software fully updated. It is unstable. Simple links simply don't work

The team that designed and built Connect should be embarrassed
  • Reply 26 of 32
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nofrets5 View Post

Now how do I remove iTunes Match from Apple Music?? Tried using Match once before and it totally screwed up my entire library.

How could iTunes Match screw up your library when the feature scans your library and determines what songs could be matched and not uploaded, and which ones to upload to Apple?  That is all it does.

• Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I predict Connect is going to be a very healthy platform. There's already posts with 15K favorites and 2K comments, not bad for a social network that has JUST launched on a limited set of devices.

I am sure you raved about Ping and claimed that would be a huge success...when it was one of Apple's failures.

• Reply 28 of 32
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple really needs to simplify the UX with this app. The amount of choice is overwhelming. Clearly when designing this app they didn't think about a thousand noes for every yes.

I share your feeling. As the saying goes: a camel is a horse designed by a committee. Perhaps it is because the design team wanted to please too many egos?

They need focus and clarity. What they could do is split the app into three interdependent seperate apps.

• Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by esaruoho View Post

Where are there 15K favorites and 2K comments - can you provide some links? The ones I've seen so far have been v. silent.

Slurpy makes it all up.  None of his posts have any validity to them.

• Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

Connect is awful. Awfull, I dare say, with it's Ping like features. And buggy as hell. I have it on an iPad Air, all software fully updated. It is unstable. Simple links simply don't work

The team that designed and built Connect should be embarrassed

Correct, they are the same people that invented Ping, and the same people that turned iTunes into a fricken' mess with version 11 and 12.  The user interface of iTunes 11 and 12 is a joke.

• Reply 31 of 32
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Correct, they are the same people that invented Ping, and the same people that turned iTunes into a fricken' mess with version 11 and 12.  The user interface of iTunes 11 and 12 is a joke.

Yes. Concerning iTunes in OSX, it doesn't help to have ...

1. TV shows,

2. iPhone apps

3. iPad apps

4. Books (tells you to go to iBooks)

5. iTunes Uni

6. Podcasts

7. Tones

8. and Internet Radio

... in one place.

Now they've added ...

1. Radio

2. Connect

... as well.

Again, you could simplify iTunes ...

• by moving the iPhone and iPad apps to the App store (perhaps 'Tones' belong there as well?)

• by moving Books and iTunes Uni to iBooks (why not rebranding this to 'Apple Books'?)

• by moving TV shows and Podcasts to a seperate 'Apple TV' app?

What's left in iTunes are ...

1. the Library,

2. iTunes store,

3. Connect,

4. Radio

5. and Internet Radio. 

It'd be great to rebrand 'iTunes' in OSX to 'Apple Music', just to be in synch with the naming in iOS? Apple Music (in OSX) can be further simplified with a dedicated Radio app (merging 'Radio' and 'Internet Radio'). 'Connect' ought to be a web app. So, the simplified Apple Music is just the Library and the iTunes Store. 

A monthly Apple Music membership would allow you to stream all the songs. In the iTunes store you have the ability to like, listen or buy the song. All in one place. Inside your library you could create playlists with the songs you liked and the purchased songs.

- - - - -

ADDENDUM: Windows and Android users could get their songs/apps/books from their personal account on me.com.

• Reply 32 of 32
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member

I can't believe after that disaster and all the years that have passed since... that they wound up creating a 2015 version of Ping.  Some serious issues here

I hope they are all over this and have a set of features and fixes ready to roll out immediately.  Or else Connect is toast